High Risk - High Reward

jason

Personally, I would be interested in all of em except Oakman, but after the Marshall and Bennett things I can't imagine they take risks.

Other guys who, if they do decide to take risks, Tyler Higbee, Alex McCallister, and in a way, Myles Jack are all guys I would consider.

I'm not generally a fan of the troubled boom or bust pick (though it depends on the round of course), but one guy I'd be willing to take a chance on is Demarcus Robinson, WR, Florida. Physically he looks like an NFL WR and seems to have the tools when I watch his tape, but he was suspended several times at Florida (three times as a freshman, after which he went to rehab) and is coming off a bad last year. On the other hand, he's coming from a Florida program that couldn't get anyone the ball offensivly and he's the nephew of Bear great Marcus Robinson, who might have some extra motivation to help keep him in line.

I'd give up 2 chances to get a strike at the move TE position with Higbee and Boehringer. Where ever Moritz goes in his first practice he is going to be shocked at the speed of the NFL. The first time he really gets hit will be equally shocking.

What high risk, high reward players are you hoping the Bears take a chance on?

A few that come to mind:

Robert Nkemdiche

Shawn Oakman

Moretz Boeringer

Rashard Robinson

Any others that you're thinking about?

The risk has a lot to do with what round you take them. Anything after the third doesnt have as much expectations, so later rounds really is when you take chances.

Nkemdiche- no way in the first, probably in the second, and absolutely in the third. The biggest concern I have with types are athletic studs, but low production. If he cant be productive at a college lever, how can you expect him to pick it up at the speed at the NFL. Some do it, most dont.

Oakman is off my list, because of behavior and being stupid with the chance coming to earn a huge payday. How do you expect him to act normal after he gets millions of dollars in his pocket.

Boeringer, is a late round shot in the dark, anytime after the 4th round would be OK.

Justin Ferris is probably more of a high reward and low risk than in this category. Probably a sleeper type.

He was highly productive at Ferris State, but would he count only because of such a low level of competition?

How about Noah Spence? If taken in the first round would definitely fit that mold. Second probably not so much.