Chirs Culliver released by Wash

madlithuanian

I certainly do not feel our team has to have all "choir boys" playing for us and I would certainly feel Culliver would, if healthy, be an upgrade sorely needed in our CB position, however, this I am concerned over (led to a 1 game suspension)

Culliver originally was charged with misdemeanor hit and run and felony possession of brass knuckles for his involvement in the incident, in which he hit a bicyclist and fled the scene, and then threatened a citizen with brass knuckles. This past spring, his attorneys argued for the felony charge be reduced to a misdemeanor. In June, Culliver pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors to resolve the case.

I certainly do not feel our team has to have all "choir boys" playing for us and I would certainly feel Culliver would, if healthy, be an upgrade sorely needed in our CB position, however, this I am concerned over (led to a 1 game suspension)

Yikes.

I'll let Fangio decide this one.

What was Culliver's issue, I don't recall?

Apparently he failed a physical.

As vets get cut, I suspect we will kick the tires on some. I would say LT and TE are probably the only two that make sense. Possibly that we look at CB but if you noticed the roster,

Bausby, De'Vante

Callahan, Bryce

Fuller, Kyle

Glenn, Jacoby

McManis, Sherrick

Porter, Tracy

All draftee are listed as DBs and have played both S and CB

Hall, Houston-Carson, Bush

and then we added UDFAs Peterson and Calhoun

We have 11 potential CBs on the roster, I dont see us going after a FA until we sort out the mess we have.

As vets get cut, I suspect we will kick the tires on some. I would say LT and TE are probably the only two that make sense. Possibly that we look at CB but if you noticed the roster,

Bausby, De'Vante

Callahan, Bryce

Fuller, Kyle

Glenn, Jacoby

McManis, Sherrick

Porter, Tracy

All draftee are listed as DBs and have played both S and CB

Hall, Houston-Carson, Bush

and then we added UDFAs Peterson and Calhoun

We have 11 potential CBs on the roster, I dont see us going after a FA until we sort out the mess we have.

Agreed we can add some veteran defensive backs. But by all indications, Hall is a corner, Bush a safety, and Houston-Carson will be primarily a special teams player.

Agreed we can add some veteran defensive backs. But by all indications, Hall is a corner, Bush a safety, and Houston-Carson will be primarily a special teams player.

Don't misconstrue all the hype about DHC and his special teams success blocking kicks. He's a good safety prospect. While I expect him to be successful on special teams for us those blocked kicks were all done at a much lower level of competition. The media, being what they are, won't watch the game films that show how good of a safety prospect DHC is.

Don't misconstrue all the hype about DHC and his special teams success blocking kicks. He's a good safety prospect. While I expect him to be successful on special teams for us those blocked kicks were all done at a much lower level of competition. The media, being what they are, won't watch the game films that show how good of a safety prospect DHC is.

I actually think DHC has a better shot of being the starter than Bush.