Honey Bears @ Colts Game Thread

adam

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How has McCown played since he left the Bears? I like Hoyer but I don't see him as a long-term answer. Draft a QB next spring.

Peace :dabears

Nope, point was that right as McCown was making headway the team thought they had to go back to Cutler. And that went...

Just hoping the team has learned its lesson on just how bad Cutler is.

Nope, point was that right as McCown was making headway the team thought they had to go back to Cutler. And that went...

Just hoping the team has learned its lesson on just how bad Cutler is.

He wasn't the answer and neither is Hoyer. Cutler needs to get and they need to draft a QB.

Brutal way to lose, the Meredith fumble cost us 3, and Barth cost us 3. We would've been in FG position for the win there, instead turnover on downs. I don't know why they are not just throwing the ball to Alshon there. If we can't beat Indy (after they played in England last week), then we are going to be lucky to win 3-4 games total. Gonna be a long season. The sad part is Cleveland is even worse and will more than likely go 0-16. Thank God hockey starts in a few days.

I will have to check but I believe Hoyer just had a better stretch of games than Cutler has in his entire career (small sample size), 3 straight 300-yard games with over 1,000 yards, 6 TD's and 0 INTs. I know he is 31 but if he can be near that level, why not go with him for a few years as we look to groom a rookie? He would come cheap and allow us to load up in other places. He is young enough to have 4-5 good years left.

Brutal way to lose, the Meredith fumble cost us 3, and Barth cost us 3. We would've been in FG position for the win there, instead turnover on downs. I don't know why they are not just throwing the ball to Alshon there. If we can't beat Indy (after they played in England last week), then we are going to be lucky to win 3-4 games total. Gonna be a long season. The sad part is Cleveland is even worse and will more than likely go 0-16.

Finishing with 6-7 wins doesn't help us. We need to concentrate on identifying and developing talent. I am happy to see some of the younger players step up today.

Brutal way to lose, the Meredith fumble cost us 3, and Barth cost us 3. We would've been in FG position for the win there, instead turnover on downs. I don't know why they are not just throwing the ball to Alshon there. If we can't beat Indy (after they played in England last week), then we are going to be lucky to win 3-4 games total. Gonna be a long season. The sad part is Cleveland is even worse and will more than likely go 0-16.

Completely agree. So many self inflicted mistakes and a injury report that's a mile long is a recipe for disaster

Nice to see Meredith get a chance and did have 9 catches for 130 yds but if he wants to continue getting chances he Better learn how to hang on to that ball. 2 fumbles a games unacceptable

2 fumbles in 5 games this year. The one against Dallas was helmet on ball and I don't blame him for that one. This one is on him.

Meredith has had 3 fumbles in 5 games and lost two of them. That's not going to cut it. I don't care how good you are, if you can't protect the football, you are no good to the team. He tries to do too much after the catch and ends up being too loose with it. Alshon scares me half to death when he runs, too. He needs to watch Tiki Barber tapes or something.

Meredith has had 3 fumbles in 5 games and lost two of them. That's not going to cut it. I don't care how good you are, if you can't protect the football, you are no good to the team. He tries to do too much after the catch and ends up being too loose with it. Alshon scares me half to death when he runs, too. He needs to watch Tiki Barber tapes or something.

He's a rookie. They can work with him on it. He looks a hell of a lot better than Marquis Wilson ever did.

Thanks for the correction. He didn't have a whole lot of action as a receiver.

Would you like the staff to try and correct the issue or should they just cut him now?

Oh no, don't get me wrong, he has potential. He showed some flashes last year too. If he can hold onto the ball, he can be a legit #2. I agree, he looks better than Wilson and White TBH.