They can go

Connorbear

These players need to find a new address at the end of the season:

1. Marquis Wilson - Can't stay healthy
  2. Deonte Thompson or Josh Bellamy - One can stay for their special teams play but neither should play receiver.
  3. Logan Paulson - Has done nothing since he arrived. I'd keep Daniel Brown over him.
  4. Ted Larson - I prefer Kush.
  5. Cutler - Of course.
  6. Hoyer - Accumulated a lot of yardage but could not lead a winning drive or throw a semi-accurate deep ball.

Any others?

Peace :dabears

2. Deonte Thompson or Josh Bellamy - One can stay for their special teams play but neither should play receiver.
  3. Logan Paulson - Has done nothing since he arrived. I'd keep Daniel Brown over him.
  5. Cutler - Of course.
  6. Hoyer - Accumulated a lot of yardage but could not lead a winning drive or throw a semi-accurate deep ball.

Any others?

Eddie Royal - cannot stay healthy.

5. Cutler - Of course.

Any others?

Besides Cutler, how many of those guys were actually starters? Those are all fringe guys and will all probably be gone next year anyway.

Wilson, Thompson, Bellamy, Paulsen, Larsen, and Hoyer are all FA's.

The bigger questions are Alshon, Miller, Leno, Royal, Porter, Houston, Massie, with the last 2 making over $6mil each.

Massie isn't going anywhere. He's played the second half of the season and we're in no position to take a huge risk cutting him. He's only making $4.2mil in 2017 well within the norms for an average starting RT in the league. Adams just went down with a back injury.

Zach Miller will be back for the exact same reason. Who else ya' got?

Porter? Who else is out there among our DBs and the typical FA CB salary last year was about $8-10mil.

Leno? Our Oline has done well this year IMO with the backups. Leno might not be world class LT but he's more than serviceable. We should sign Leno to an extension, which will be reasonable, and secure him for the few years it will take to find a replacement. Would I like to have an upgrade? Sure. Is there on in this draft? With the possible exception of the OT from Alabama who has questions about his fit at LT, no. Is there one in FA? No.

Houston is interesting. McPhee will go into next year with question marks around his knee. He'll still be a good player for us but might not ever return to full time starter. I'm keeping Houston around for now but my money is still on Roy Robertson-Harris to take his roster spot. I see a late cut but if we need his $5mil in cap space earlier I could see us negotiating an injury settlement. There's no way he gets to the $9mil salary in 2018.

Royal is a legit cut IMO. I see no reason he'll be able to stay healthy next year and we have Braverman and Meredith in the wings.

Wilson is a FA. At best he'll get a small signing bonus on a 1yr deal. From his perspective his best shot to show he deserves a multi-year contract might be to stay in the offense he knows for another season. If the price is low why not bring him back? We'll be drafting a WR somewhere in this draft, or we'll use Royal's money to sign a FA in the 2nd-wave to fill out the roster.

Alshon only sticks around if he's willing to sign the deal he had on the table last year.

Massie isn't going anywhere. He's played the second half of the season and we're in no position to take a huge risk cutting him. He's only making $4.2mil in 2017 well within the norms for an average starting RT in the league. Adams just went down with a back injury.

Zach Miller will be back for the exact same reason. Who else ya' got?

Porter? Who else is out there among our DBs and the typical FA CB salary last year was about $8-10mil.

Leno? Our Oline has done well this year IMO with the backups. Leno might not be world class LT but he's more than serviceable. We should sign Leno to an extension, which will be reasonable, and secure him for the few years it will take to find a replacement. Would I like to have an upgrade? Sure. Is there on in this draft? With the possible exception of the OT from Alabama who has questions about his fit at LT, no. Is there one in FA? No.

Houston is interesting. McPhee will go into next year with question marks around his knee. He'll still be a good player for us but might not ever return to full time starter. I'm keeping Houston around for now but my money is still on Roy Robertson-Harris to take his roster spot. I see a late cut but if we need his $5mil in cap space earlier I could see us negotiating an injury settlement. There's no way he gets to the $9mil salary in 2018.

Royal is a legit cut IMO. I see no reason he'll be able to stay healthy next year and we have Braverman and Meredith in the wings.

Wilson is a FA. At best he'll get a small signing bonus on a 1yr deal. From his perspective his best shot to show he deserves a multi-year contract might be to stay in the offense he knows for another season. If the price is low why not bring him back? We'll be drafting a WR somewhere in this draft, or we'll use Royal's money to sign a FA in the 2nd-wave to fill out the roster.

Alshon only sticks around if he's willing to sign the deal he had on the table last year.

Massie has over a $6mil cap hit with bonus. He has the 7th highest cap hit on the team next year, and I don't know if we are really getting our ROI with him at that price.

Besides Cutler, how many of those guys were actually starters? Those are all fringe guys and will all probably be gone next year anyway.

Wilson, Thompson, Bellamy, Paulsen, Larsen, and Hoyer are all FA's.

The bigger questions are Alshon, Miller, Leno, Royal, Porter, Houston, Massie, with the last 2 making over $6mil each.

I definitely say goodbye to Royal and Houston, not sure about the rest. Leno and Massie seem OK to keep I would think, as well as Porter.

Marquis Wilson, Josh Bellamy, Meredith - Keep one. I don't really care which.

Royal - Gone. He's never on the field anyway.

Alshon - Despite what we've said, he likely stays. No way the Bears could move forward with zero viable WRs on the roster.

Logan Paulson - Who?

Larsen / Kush - Meh. Keep one. Start neither.

Cutler - Obviously gone.

Hoyer - He can leave too.

Leno - Stay, but he's a backup. I'm sure there are several LTs in the draft better than him.

Massie - Tough to say both OTs are gone in one offseason, but I also agree he's not worth the $6M hit. A FA should be his replacement. I'd prefer Matt Kalil or Riley Reiff.

Mike Adams - Stay. He'll be cheap and he's a good backup.

Houston - See ya. Injuries, and he was never as good as McPhee. When healthy, McPhee and Floyd should start at OLB.

Marquis Wilson, Josh Bellamy, Meredith - Keep one. I don't really care which.

Royal - Gone. He's never on the field anyway.

Alshon - Despite what we've said, he likely stays. No way the Bears could move forward with zero viable WRs on the roster.

Logan Paulson - Who?

Larsen / Kush - Meh. Keep one. Start neither.

Cutler - Obviously gone.

Hoyer - He can leave too.

Leno - Stay, but he's a backup. I'm sure there are several LTs in the draft better than him.

Massie - Tough to say both OTs are gone in one offseason, but I also agree he's not worth the $6M hit. A FA should be his replacement. I'd prefer Matt Kalil or Riley Reiff.

Mike Adams - Stay. He'll be cheap and he's a good backup.

Houston - See ya. Injuries, and he was never as good as McPhee. When healthy, McPhee and Floyd should start at OLB.

Out of those three, I keep Meredith 110%. He has been one of the few positive surprises this year in the WR camp.

Tend to agree on Alshon and Paulson.

Shame about Houston, but too many injuries.