Chris Hogan

jason

New England just turns random, regular, barely capable players into stars. Hogan looked like one of the best WRs in the NFL yesterday, and he's been cut by four teams. He played one season of college ball at a small school, and now he's ripping the Pittsburgh Steelers a new sphincter in the AFC Championship game.

On top of that, the Patriots only had ONE 1st round player starting for them on offense yesterday. ONE!

Beware any player from New England. Somehow, they are better able than any other team in the NFL, to make the sum of their parts worth more than the parts.

I wouldn't call Hogan a star, but I know what you mean. I would blame his production yesterday on utterly ridiculously bad coverage/scheme/communication of Pittsburgh's defense and secondary. Braverman would've torched them too with that coverage.

I don't know if you can stereotype all players from NE or if that is a wise perspective. The only concern about New England players is that they are very system specific and if you don't run something close to what they do, it would be hard to determine the value of a player in your system.

I wouldn't call Hogan a star, but I know what you mean. I would blame his production yesterday on utterly ridiculously bad coverage/scheme/communication of Pittsburgh's defense and secondary. Braverman would've torched them too with that coverage.

I don't know if you can stereotype all players from NE or if that is a wise perspective. The only concern about New England players is that they are very system specific and if you don't run something close to what they do, it would be hard to determine the value of a player in your system.

I watched 3 quarters and kept wondering when it was that Pittsburgh hired Mel Tucker. That was the worst defense I've seen in a very long time. Rush 3 with a cover-none behind it.

New England just turns random, regular, barely capable players into stars. Hogan looked like one of the best WRs in the NFL yesterday, and he's been cut by four teams. He played one season of college ball at a small school, and now he's ripping the Pittsburgh Steelers a new sphincter in the AFC Championship game.

On top of that, the Patriots only had ONE 1st round player starting for them on offense yesterday. ONE!

Beware any player from New England. Somehow, they are better able than any other team in the NFL, to make the sum of their parts worth more than the parts.

Agreed. And I hate to say it, but Bill B will get into the Hall BECAUSE he can do exactly what you said. His players move elsewhere and they are *%#*#.

Great coaching / game planning and having one of the best QB's to ever play the game are the reasons Hogan was able to do what he did.

• 2 weeks later...
Revisiting this thread....James White.

Just say no to Jimmy G.

I like White in the open field. Hogan's limitations were completely obvious in the Super Bowl when someone actually decided to cover him, as opposed to the Steelers cover 3 zone.