check list

Wesson44

1 QB......signed Glennon...........still can draft one

2. OL.....signed Compton..........signed as a back up to push maybe one of our LT/RT

3. WR.....signed Wright/Wheaton/......lost Jefferies....lost height but gained speed

4. TE.......signed Sims.......blocking big man that can catch

5. S........signed veteran Mr. Demps......older but brings leadership

6. CB......signed the Prince and Hanging with MR. Cooper......the upgrade!

7. ST......re-signed Banks and Jones......for depth

8. Who is next, ....or shall I say who else do we need before we draft? I think if we signed Patterson

as the Hester experiment replacement then we are done in FA.

fwiw, we also re-signed Barth.

QB - I still think we draft one, but I can see a mid round pick now (4th-5th)

OL - Compton is a super swing tackle who played in the SB, might actually push for a starting position if Leno or Massie falter

WR - If White is healthy (big if), WR Corps will at least be interesting with the ability to really stretch the field.

TE - Overpaid for a blocking TE, but if he can catch a few more than he has previously, he might be worth it. Deep draft class, so I can see us drafting on early

S - I love the signing, one off the league lead in INTs, so he is a playmaker too. With the other young guns back there (Amos, Bush, HJQ, Houston-Carson, etc), I can see us passing on a Safety in the draft.

CB - Potentially 3/5 secondary starters replaced with Callahan and Amos remaining, secondary is already improved

Who's next? I still think we can get an upgrade on the D-Line and that may be all we do until the draft besides bringing some guys in for competition.

OL - Compton is a super swing tackle who played in the SB, might actually push for a starting position if Leno or Massie falter

WR - If White is healthy (big if), WR Corps will at least be interesting with the ability to really stretch the field.

TE - Overpaid for a blocking TE, but if he can catch a few more than he has previously, he might be worth it. Deep draft class, so I can see us drafting on early

S - I love the signing, one off the league lead in INTs, so he is a playmaker too. With the other young guns back there (Amos, Bush, HJQ, Houston-Carson, etc), I can see us passing on a Safety in the draft.

CB - Potentially 3/5 secondary starters replaced with Callahan and Amos remaining, secondary is already improved

Who's next? I still think we can get an upgrade on the D-Line and that may be all we do until the draft besides bringing some guys in for competition.

I think the fact they havent addressed the DL that Allen will be the pick.

I think they draft a TE and Sims gets all his money the first year, so we could cut him in year 2 with only a 666 thousand cap hit. Also we needed a blocking TE, so this is not a wasted pickup.

I think we still draft a FS. Demps is just a year or two guy,not a long range answer.

the draft will net us a QB prospect

TE prospect

OT prospect

WR prospect

CB prospect

FS prospect

DL with the first pick, Allen

The lack of DL in FA may say more about how the staff feels about Bullard than their draft plans. He was seen as a steal and looked great in the preseason. They may be hoping for a big step forward from him.

I think your right, the only thing I would like is the NT backup upgrade. Sutton is not really that person.

I think your right, the only thing I would like is the NT backup upgrade. Sutton is not really that person.

We missed out on the top 3 CBs, Gilmore was never coming here when you compete with NE you will lose every time.

I read where we offered the same money for Bouye and one extra year but A.J. choose Jags because of the weather and no income tax in Florida, ouch.

Ryan was a good CB but not a shut down corner so I did not see us giving him big money to chase, plus Tenn is a better team right now.

So , we did not add any stars but maybe we add a couple of Akeem Hicks type to this team.

Sims got over paid but we absolutely need a blocking TE, I see us doing more 2 TE sets to help the running game and need someone like him. We also will be drafting one,so I think this TE spot will be solid but not spectacular.

We added two WRs and lost Ashton , I think he was leaving no matter what , so hopefully one of these two Wheaton or Wright play well.

Compton is just veteran depth. I would say we may draft a OT but not high so we will be seeing the same OTs as last year. The only other way to upgrade will be a Sitton situation where a older vet gets cut.

Glennon is a necessary evil, no sure things in draft and no other FAgents worth grabbing. I think the Bears are taking a lot of heat for competing against themselves but dont buy that. When your negotiating, you dont know what the other teams are offering so when you make your final offer, if you want the player bad enough, you over pay. We will draft a prospect but do not see it being in the first 2 rounds. Maybe Peterman, Webb, or a Chad Kelly -Jerod Evans fall into place.

We added a CB and S of which is an upgrade to our team but still do not have that difference maker, I think we add a S and CB and hope some of our draftees develop into that player.

I think in FAgency we still bring in a DL guy more to back up Goldman at NT more than a high pay guy.

We may still be adding another safety , someone like Butler or Jaruis Byrd, more for depth than as a starter.

So in the draft I think all of this points to us taking Allen with the first pick.

The best case senario would be to trade back and that is still a possibility because of the need for QBs.

Jets pick 6th and have an extra 3rd rounder, so we would have to get their second and a third to make that trade viable.

Cleveland is loaded, so if they do not get Jimmy G, trading up from 12 is a stong possibity.

Maybe NOs wants to add a top WR and have a lot of picks now.

So lets say we trade back with Cleveland and get there 12, 2nd, 3rd and a fitth.

I used Draft countdowns 300 player rating to view who would be there

1 (12) here we have a choice of best LT that would be starter but not an all pro type. Roberson or Bolles could be this pick.

2a budda Baker/FS a quality football player.

2b Gareon Conley/CB a potential shutdown CB.

3a Zay Jones/WR a potential #!

3b Brad Kaaya/QB our prospect we have given attention to

4a Tanoh Kpassagnon/5T a huge man

4b Jaleen Johnson/DT a good player at this spot

5a George Kittle/TE a good blocker with catch ablitity

5b Ejuan Price/Edge a short but a McPhee type of player

7 Zane Gonzalez/K we will bring in some new blood

I like what Pace has done improving our depth at TE, CB, WR, and S. We didn't get any studs as hoped for at CB/S he's doing a good job adding talent at what I'll call the middle of the roster. Two years ago and last year the FAs we were signing we're mostly to become starters to fill huge gaps.

We also have what appears to be a competent backup OT. We need to add a FA piece to the DL rotation to help with backup NT or DE.

Going into the draft whatever direction he chooses to go in the first two rounds those positions are should become a strength on our roster.

Rd 1:

Adams or Hooker to the safety group and with Demps on board last years starters both become backups.

Solomon Thomas makes the Dline a force on both run D and pass rush. Allen too.

CB Lattimore added with Amukamara, Cooper, Porter and NBs Callahan and LeBlanc. We still have Banks/Fuller competing for spots.

trade down to middle of the 1st gives options of TE Howard, WRs Williams, Davis, or OT Ramczyk.

Rd 2:

WR Zay Jones, Godwin (he looked outstanding at combine), Kupp, Shuster

CB: Jackson, White, Tabor, King, Conley

S: Obi, Baker

QB: whoever falls into the 2nd Rd maybe Kizer or Mahomes?

If we trade down in the first we're picking two of the above.

I like the options we'll have.

I like what Pace has done improving our depth at TE, CB, WR, and S. We didn't get any studs as hoped for at CB/S he's doing a good job adding talent at what I'll call the middle of the roster. Two years ago and last year the FAs we were signing we're mostly to become starters to fill huge gaps.

We also have what appears to be a competent backup OT. We need to add a FA piece to the DL rotation to help with backup NT or DE.

Going into the draft whatever direction he chooses to go in the first two rounds those positions are should become a strength on our roster.

Rd 1:

Adams or Hooker to the safety group and with Demps on board last years starters both become backups.

Solomon Thomas makes the Dline a force on both run D and pass rush. Allen too.

CB Lattimore added with Amukamara, Cooper, Porter and NBs Callahan and LeBlanc. We still have Banks/Fuller competing for spots.

trade down to middle of the 1st gives options of TE Howard, WRs Williams, Davis, or OT Ramczyk.

Rd 2:

WR Zay Jones, Godwin (he looked outstanding at combine), Kupp, Shuster

CB: Jackson, White, Tabor, King, Conley

S: Obi, Baker

QB: whoever falls into the 2nd Rd maybe Kizer or Mahomes?

If we trade down in the first we're picking two of the above.

I like the options we'll have.

I think by our FAs aquired , I think it pretty well tells us , he is going DL in the first. So if he takes BPA as far as second and third, that will be DBs since they are strong draft postions.

Areas we need to upgrade besides the back of the D, is our OTs.

If we trade back in the first round, anybody have a probably with taking a OT at 1?

I'd be stunned if we don't draft a QB by the 2nd round. I can't see us just sitting around waiting.

The lack of DL in FA may say more about how the staff feels about Bullard than their draft plans. He was seen as a steal and looked great in the preseason. They may be hoping for a big step forward from him.

Fangio wasn't exactly kind when he discussed Bullard. He didn't develop at all like they had hoped. Now I think part of that is Fangio does the whole tough love thing as a sign of motivation, but he didn't get much playing time late, which was a sign of what the Bears thought of his preparation and where he was at. This will be a big off-season and training camp for him. Hopefully he responds cause the talent is there.