Mike Adamle

ChileBear

Guys, if you havn't read this please do. These athletes give everything and got the snot knocked out of them. Mike is just one of many stories. Look at Jimmy Mac, Dave D, and God only knows.

https://theathletic.com/46430/2017/03/23/in...ughs-and-heart/

Read this earlier today. Heartbreaking. Unfortunately, I believe we will see a lot more of this.

Peace :dabears

Read this earlier today. Heartbreaking. Unfortunately, I believe we will see a lot more of this.

Peace :dabears

Interesting point you made. I saw a recent YouTube video where Lance Briggs was being interviewed by Rich Eisen. When asked about what he was up to recently; Briggs replied, "staying busy, trying to stay ahead of CTE." Which I don't think he meant that he'd been diagnosed*, just that he knows it's out there. Gotta be disheartening to know that lurks in the shadows. Especially for football players.

*Edit: I stand corrected. Apparently he has been diagnosed as having CTE symptoms.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/03/14/lance-bri...s-chicago-bears

Sadly so.

I know I heard Dwight Clark has similar issues recently too.

I actually saw that on one of the networks saying that Clark has ALS and there was a quote attributed to Bernie Kosar saying that he was sorry to hear about Gayle Sayers and that Clark my have been suffering symptoms while making picks for the Browns. What was Bernie suffering from when he couldn't get the Browns past the Broncos.

When he was waddling backwards throwing sidearm! :P

I actually saw that on one of the networks saying that Clark has ALS and there was a quote attributed to Bernie Kosar saying that he was sorry to hear about Gayle Sayers and that Clark my have been suffering symptoms while making picks for the Browns. What was Bernie suffering from when he couldn't get the Browns past the Broncos.

When he was waddling backwards throwing sidearm! :P

I can't pinpoint which network I saw it on but, whoever was reporting said that there is only to players in Browns' history that you actually can interview Kosar and Jim Brown and that's sad!