Dirty Sanchez to sign

bradjock

This move comes right after Kizers pro day, and days after Watson and Trubiskis. Coincidence? I don't think so. I would be shocked if one of those 3 are Bears next year.

I doubt Mahomes is the pick either simply due to the Cutler comps. I think we trade up from the 3rd into the late 2nd just to make sure we get Peterman. Starting to like Kaaya a bit more too.

Peterman would be a good pick, but no way should they move up for him. He would be over drafted with the high 3rd and is a good value around round 4. If the Bears take him with the 3rd it would be understandable since it is a thin class, but do not give up picks. If you are gonna trade up, trade up for a higher ceiling. The timing of the Sanchez signing had nothing to do with pro days either, just the Bears having insurance in case they miss on a QB or that QB isn't ready to be a #2 right away.

Peterman would be a good pick, but no way should they move up for him. He would be over drafted with the high 3rd and is a good value around round 4. If the Bears take him with the 3rd it would be understandable since it is a thin class, but do not give up picks. If you are gonna trade up, trade up for a higher ceiling. The timing of the Sanchez signing had nothing to do with pro days either, just the Bears having insurance in case they miss on a QB or that QB isn't ready to be a #2 right away.

Peterman is being looked at as a late 2nd rounder in some drafts. I don't think you would have to trade up into the 2nd but just to be sure I would.

But yeah Mongos last post is exactly what I believe Greg Gabriel said on the radio. Its a 1 million dollar insurance policy if the draft doesn't fall the way they want it to.

Last year QB's

1. Cutler = gets hurt Hoyer named starter

2. Hoyer - named starter gets hurt

3. Connor Shaw - hurt before season

4. David Fales - never played

5. Matt Barkley - added due to injuries

Bears cut Cutler, don't resign Hoyer or Barkley and sign Glennon to a 3 year deal that really is only a 1 year deal if he fails to perform. They still have Connor Shaw. So they add Mark "dirty" Sanchez mister butt fumble to a 1 year deal. I'm sorry but if Pace thinks one of these QB's is a franchise QB he will draft him at 3. Not arguing that pace does think one of these qb's is a franchise qb only that signing Glennon and sanchez does not take qb off the table at 3.

Signing Glennon to the type of deal he got only guarantees him a shot at starting to prove he belongs. He is taking a huge risk coming to Chicago to really "make it or break it" and he is being paid really well for taking this risk with the Bears. IF Pace drafts a QB at 3 I would be happy with it, he would in essence be giving the Bears the best opportunity to succeed at the QB position, which we all know is the hardest and most important position.

Pace has always said he wants to build through the draft and form a team for sustained success. When you look at teams that have sustained success what do you find almost 100% of the time???? A great QB. Maybe Pace loves a QB he thinks he can get in the 2nd or 3rd round and not one of the top 3. We will find out soon enough. For these reasons I believe a qb 3 is not off the table.

At the end of the day Pace really hasn't done anything at the QB position until this year, partly due to Cutlers contract but I'm excited to see changes being made and an honest attempt to get the Bears a franchise QB. If it's true Pace made attempts to trade up for Marriota and Wentz then I think he knows what to look for and will be excited with whoever he drafts.

Peterman is being looked at as a late 2nd rounder in some drafts. I don't think you would have to trade up into the 2nd but just to be sure I would.

But yeah Mongos last post is exactly what I believe Greg Gabriel said on the radio. Its a 1 million dollar insurance policy if the draft doesn't fall the way they want it to.

It also sounds like Sanchez was a good mentor to Dak, so not only is it an insurance policy for cheap (as you develop your QB), but he also is a guy who can help mentor our guy (and who knows, Sanchez could stay as the backup a year from now if Glennon doesn't look that great and/or if we turn the reigns over to the guy who starts). For a backup, I don't dislike this move at all.

It also sounds like Sanchez was a good mentor to Dak, so not only is it an insurance policy for cheap (as you develop your QB), but he also is a guy who can help mentor our guy (and who knows, Sanchez could stay as the backup a year from now if Glennon doesn't look that great and/or if we turn the reigns over to the guy who starts). For a backup, I don't dislike this move at all.

Logic says yes, it's a reasonable move, but I'm still struggling with it and the whiskey bottle is getting light.

No way in hell I'd trade up for Peterman. Dude's average.