What we're not seeing

Stinger226

We have free agents added and soon will add several draftees to the team, but I think one thing we have over looked the the potenial of 2nd year players taking giant steps forward.

with the injuries to Goldman in his two first years , a healthy year will add a lot to he strength of the DL.

Hicks was a stud on the DL last year and he probably takes a step back but Bullard did not contribute anything his first year. I think this year we see him add bulk ,strength and a lot more contribution to the team. No one has ever said he is not a hard worker and his love of football will put him in the position to take a large step forward.

In the D backfield, Hall was injured much of the time and Bush gave us little of nothing. I can see both taking a step forward in their development, which adds much in our progress of a better defense. Fangio and Donatai are both good teachers and it will show this year.

Floyd has flashed moments of why he was drafted so high. This year he will add bulk and functional strength that will add more stability in his play.

With losing Jeffery we view our WR corp as a weakness but lets not forget we have a #1 already on the roster in White. Hoping he stays healthy, he could take a giant step forward. When mourning the lost of Jeffery, lets not forget, he was very average the last two years.

I can see Meredith continuing to get better especially with the emergance of White, and we will not take long to move on from Jeffery.

Miller is a player that should have limited snaps to keep him healthier and be able to contribute all year. I can see Brown turning into a legitimate NFL player with a step up in snaps and us bringing in a blocking TE for the other side.

Whitehead will only get better and everyone sees that. We know what Massie is( a journyman OT) and tried to replace him this year but I can see Leno improving enough to take him out of the position of always trying to be replaced. We need to draft a OT prospect for the future but I see Leno improving as we go forward.

Summary:

we have the draft and FAgents but lets not forget our roster and the potential to improve from within.

We have free agents added and soon will add several draftees to the team, but I think one thing we have over looked the the potenial of 2nd year players taking giant steps forward.

with the injuries to Goldman in his two first years , a healthy year will add a lot to he strength of the DL.

Hicks was a stud on the DL last year and he probably takes a step back but Bullard did not contribute anything his first year. I think this year we see him add bulk ,strength and a lot more contribution to the team. No one has ever said he is not a hard worker and his love of football will put him in the position to take a large step forward.

In the D backfield, Hall was injured much of the time and Bush gave us little of nothing. I can see both taking a step forward in their development, which adds much in our progress of a better defense. Fangio and Donatai are both good teachers and it will show this year.

Floyd has flashed moments of why he was drafted so high. This year he will add bulk and functional strength that will add more stability in his play.

With losing Jeffery we view our WR corp as a weakness but lets not forget we have a #1 already on the roster in White. Hoping he stays healthy, he could take a giant step forward. When mourning the lost of Jeffery, lets not forget, he was very average the last two years.

I can see Meredith continuing to get better especially with the emergance of White, and we will not take long to move on from Jeffery.

Miller is a player that should have limited snaps to keep him healthier and be able to contribute all year. I can see Brown turning into a legitimate NFL player with a step up in snaps and us bringing in a blocking TE for the other side.

Whitehead will only get better and everyone sees that. We know what Massie is( a journyman OT) and tried to replace him this year but I can see Leno improving enough to take him out of the position of always trying to be replaced. We need to draft a OT prospect for the future but I see Leno improving as we go forward.

Summary:

we have the draft and FAgents but lets not forget our roster and the potential to improve from within.

The main improvement in Floyd we need to see is technique to avoid concussions.

Being optimistic about the health of White ,Miller and Goldman is hard since they all have injury histories. We should think that anything these players contribute will be a bonus similar to the unexpected contributions of Cam Meredith. White reminds me of Marquis Wilson right now the only difference is the round they were drafted.

Obviously the front office isn't as optimistic about the DBs as you are since they targeted CB and S in FA. The draft will also prove exactly how they feel about the DBs.

The Key to the OL IMO is Grasu if he can show that he is starter quality at center, Whitehair becomes an interesting situation because there is no doubt he is one of the best 5 OL on the team.

The main improvement in Floyd we need to see is technique to avoid concussions.

Being optimistic about the health of White ,Miller and Goldman is hard since they all have injury histories. We should think that anything these players contribute will be a bonus similar to the unexpected contributions of Cam Meredith. White reminds me of Marquis Wilson right now the only difference is the round they were drafted.

Obviously the front office isn't as optimistic about the DBs as you are since they targeted CB and S in FA. The draft will also prove exactly how they feel about the DBs.

The Key to the OL IMO is Grasu if he can show that he is starter quality at center, Whitehair becomes an interesting situation because there is no doubt he is one of the best 5 OL on the team.

I totally agree with Whitehair having the possibility of moving to LT if need be. He played that spot in college and needing to play center with very little experience jumped in and excelled.

I think the regime is in the mold to vastly improve this year and bought temporary starters hoping some of the group stand out. Everybody they bought in, they are not invested in after one year. So I think the way they structured their contracts so to get out of them quickly very well means they think some of these guys will take a step forward.

History shows us that other than first round players that it usually takes 3 years to develop prospects.

I totally agree with Whitehair having the possibility of moving to LT if need be. He played that spot in college and needing to play center with very little experience jumped in and excelled.

I think the regime is in the mold to vastly improve this year and bought temporary starters hoping some of the group stand out. Everybody they bought in, they are not invested in after one year. So I think the way they structured their contracts so to get out of them quickly very well means they think some of these guys will take a step forward.

History shows us that other than first round players that it usually takes 3 years to develop prospects.

Agreed and it may also be a wake up call.

Summary:

I agree.

Bullard-graded as a high 2nd rounder. He should be ready to start and could excel.

Hall-the CB I wanted and he showed glimpses of talent. Injury limited him but he should be better yr 2.

Carson-Houston-small school stud that had more to learn. Eventually he will take off.

Bush-still has gas left in tank. His limited playing time shows he made strides, still has a way to go

With a year of nfl experience, this is the year they take the next step. Push their position competition and be ready to step in when called on.

Our defense was pretty good for most of last year. I'm not too worried about that as long as we make a couple good additions via the draft. If we do that we should finally start seeing legitimate depth where we can overcome a few injuries.

Offense is a different story mainly because of the QB question. We know White was improving week to week before the broken leg so we can reasonably expect that process will continue this season. This time around White's broken leg was caused by a LB twisting it and sitting on it. Miller's broken foot was solely because JPP stepped on it while he was blocking him. Those injuries have their own recovery concerns but they are different from injuries like Trevathan's or Garza's where nobody was touching them when they went down, or Jeffrey's non-stop hamstring/calf issues. Regardless, the bottom line on offense is that nobody has a clue how Glennon will turn out.

Our defense was pretty good for most of last year. I'm not too worried about that as long as we make a couple good additions via the draft. If we do that we should finally start seeing legitimate depth where we can overcome a few injuries.

Offense is a different story mainly because of the QB question. We know White was improving week to week before the broken leg so we can reasonably expect that process will continue this season. This time around White's broken leg was caused by a LB twisting it and sitting on it. Miller's broken foot was solely because JPP stepped on it while he was blocking him. Those injuries have their own recovery concerns but they are different from injuries like Trevathan's or Garza's where nobody was touching them when they went down, or Jeffrey's non-stop hamstring/calf issues. Regardless, the bottom line on offense is that nobody has a clue how Glennon will turn out.

we have a lot of bodies in the D backfield but we are not sure of true playmakers. So I suspect with most of our picks will be BPA. So in the first, that choice will be Allen, Thomas, or Adams. As far as others rated high, maybe Lattimore, or a sneaky unexpected pick would be Barrett/edge player. I think with that high a pick, rushing the passer or a QB they think is a franchise type will be considered.

I really hope this happens. I said it when they drafted him, but who knew Grasu was going to go down. Whitehair is probably the second best lineman on the team behind Long, and as long as Grasu is average, then the team would be best suited with the following OL configuration:

Whitehair - Sitton - Grasu - Long - ???

I really hope this happens. I said it when they drafted him, but who knew Grasu was going to go down. Whitehair is probably the second best lineman on the team behind Long, and as long as Grasu is average, then the team would be best suited with the following OL configuration:

Whitehair - Sitton - Grasu - Long - ???

Whitehair is 6-3 and NOBODY projects him as a tackle. With Grasu--he's yet to prove he can be average.

Moving Kyle Long to LT would make more sense because he actually has the skill set to play the position. Although I get the reasons for not moving him.

Whitehair is 6-3 and NOBODY projects him as a tackle. With Grasu--he's yet to prove he can be average.

Moving Kyle Long to LT would make more sense because he actually has the skill set to play the position. Although I get the reasons for not moving him.

I think they stick with same group one more season. 2018 will be revamped. Lenos contract expires. Sitton and Massie will likely be cut, Sitton would be due 7million or his dead cap is 666,000. Massie is only due 4million or dead cap of 500,000. Grasu could then take over C and Whitehair to LG. Leno may or may not be re-signed, so fnding two OT's by 2018 will be a priority.