Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama

adam

Pick #112: Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama

Our last pick is in the 5th round. We now only have two picks left.

And he's coming off a bad injury. So like everyone else we've drafted, he should be ready to start in 2018.

Did we really have to trade up to get him?

Finally, an Alabama defender!!!

And a little more reading up on him, prior to his injury (fractured leg) against Texas A&M last year, he had 7 INTs (two for TDs) and many speculated as the "top cover safety" coming out of college. What's more Saban described him as a team leader and was the one responsible for getting the defensive secondary lined up.

All this sounds great! Finally a drafted player I'm excited about!!!

Finally, an Alabama defender!!!

And a little more reading up on him, prior to his injury (fractured leg) against Texas A&M last year, he had 7 INTs (two for TDs) and many speculated as the "top cover safety" coming out of college. What's more Saban described him as a team leader and was the one responsible for getting the defensive secondary lined up.

All this sounds great! Finally a drafted player I'm excited about!!!

I was going to bring up the same things. I follow the draft as early as possible and he was a first round mention early on. His traits reminded me of what Jamal Adams had. I know ppl are upset over it bc they drafted an injured player but i think he can eventually be big part of the defense down the road.

I was going to bring up the same things. I follow the draft as early as possible and he was a first round mention early on. His traits reminded me of what Jamal Adams had. I know ppl are upset over it bc they drafted an injured player but i think he can eventually be big part of the defense down the road.

Little bummed to see the injury report which also included an ACL injury two years ago. But at least he wasn't a 1st round choice with that history. Looking forward to his contributions.

Little bummed to see the injury report which also included an ACL injury two years ago. But at least he wasn't a 1st round choice with that history. Looking forward to his contributions.

Before his injuries , has the best FS in the country. A great pick because he could end up as one of the top 3 Ss drafted this year. I know it has big questions but this is where you take risks.