Trubisky at Gruden Camp

adam

Link is not there.

I dont think I saw the whole segment. The two the impressed me the most were Peterman and Kaaya. Maybe bc they were more gitty. Them two also had the highest wonderlic

I added the link, odd you could not see the embedded video.

Comes across as a team player, didn't complain when he had to sit behind Williams, made the most of his opportunities and was prepared when he did see the field and made the most of his time when he got the starting gig. I've seen articles trying to stir up/play up animosity between him and Glennon, based on "a source" (most likely a writer's own opinion) controversy makes for click bait. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, intelligence, and is coachable. I like that he never gave up or let circumstances get the better of him. His time in Chicago might be similar to his time at NC where Glennon will likely be the day 1 starter but Mitchell will be prepared for his opportunity be it in relief, or be it taking the job from Mike. I don't see a guy who will stir the pot and pout from the sidelines.

Comes across as a team player, didn't complain when he had to sit behind Williams, made the most of his opportunities and was prepared when he did see the field and made the most of his time when he got the starting gig. I've seen articles trying to stir up/play up animosity between him and Glennon, based on "a source" (most likely a writer's own opinion) controversy makes for click bait. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, intelligence, and is coachable. I like that he never gave up or let circumstances get the better of him. His time in Chicago might be similar to his time at NC where Glennon will likely be the day 1 starter but Mitchell will be prepared for his opportunity be it in relief, or be it taking the job from Mike. I don't see a guy who will stir the pot and pout from the sidelines.

I see it the same exact way. He certainly could have at NC. Yet he was a team player and was friends with williams

I see it the same exact way. He certainly could have at NC. Yet he was a team player and was friends with williams

He could have done what Russell Wilson did and transferred to another school(Wisconsin) when he got beat out at NC St. by Glennon.

He could have done what Russell Wilson did and transferred to another school(Wisconsin) when he got beat out at NC St. by Glennon.

Your absolutely right he could have but he didn't. He continued to work his ass off and waited for his time. That tells me he won't ever give up when times get tough. Could we ever say that about cutler? Don't think so. He could have also pissed and bitched about it and let it become a distraction in the locker room. But no by all accounts he continued to help his fellow teammates in making sure they were ready.

So we are getting a great locker room guy who is willing to work his rear end off til he gets his shot and doesn't back down from any challenge. This is the type of guy I want running my team. A true leader. When was the last time our qb was a true leader

Your absolutely right he could have but he didn't. He continued to work his ass off and waited for his time. That tells me he won't ever give up when times get tough. Could we ever say that about cutler? Don't think so. He could have also pissed and bitched about it and let it become a distraction in the locker room. But no by all accounts he continued to help his fellow teammates in making sure they were ready.

So we are getting a great locker room guy who is willing to work his rear end off til he gets his shot and doesn't back down from any challenge. This is the type of guy I want running my team. A true leader. When was the last time our qb was a true leader

This 100%

Peace :dabears

It really didn't do much to impress nor did it leave me with anything negative. The thing that's freaking me out about Trubisky isn't him but the coaching staff.

Very valid point. But you also can't about taking a certain position just because of the staff

Very valid point. But you also can't about taking a certain position just because of the staff

And the flip side of that is look what we've given our staff's to work with at the QB position. There is a reason that list of starting QB that used to get thrown up compared to Favre was so full of duds Till we sold the farm for Cutler we changed QB's like underwear. Speaking of trading the farm for Cutler you can always speculate what the picks we gave up for Jay could have garnered us. That set us back draft wise for years, possibly even still feeling the impact of it. Can't make gold out of turds. We either seem to have the guys who have talent but suck at leadership and attitude, or the guys with great attitude but limited talent, or guys who'd be decent if they could stay on the field. Trubisky presents the opportunity to change that pattern.

And the flip side of that is look what we've given our staff's to work with at the QB position. There is a reason that list of starting QB that used to get thrown up compared to Favre was so full of duds Till we sold the farm for Cutler we changed QB's like underwear. Speaking of trading the farm for Cutler you can always speculate what the picks we gave up for Jay could have garnered us. That set us back draft wise for years, possibly even still feeling the impact of it. Can't make gold out of turds. We either seem to have the guys who have talent but suck at leadership and attitude, or the guys with great attitude but limited talent, or guys who'd be decent if they could stay on the field. Trubisky presents the opportunity to change that pattern.

We did indeed give up a lot to get cutler but I ask. Did that trade set the franchise back or the fact the front office refused to surround him with talent. Such as a competent WR or an oline that could block better than my dead grandmother. Sorry that might be a little harsh. I honestly think it's the latter but that's a matter of opinion. We will never know

Between him at Gruden's QB camp and the below article (which I know is a puff piece), but I just get more and more excited about our new QB based upon everything his QB coach said in the Q&A with the tribune. Maybe the only down side is that he is a "quiet" leader, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. He seems like a humble kid who is going to come in and put in work and continue to put in work, which is absolutely what it takes to establish yourself in this league (and also to not overstep your bounds and make a mess with other veteran players, etc).

The big thing that had me gushing was hearing how humble he was, how much work he put in, and oh, how freaking accurate he was (both on the run and in the pocket), including how well he does under duress (stats back this up). It is a big jump from college to pro's and its going to take time, but I'm really getting excited about Mitch and seeing if he can develop into our first successful "franchise" QB in my lifetime!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...#nt=oft01a-6la1