Happy birthday Brian

Alaskan Grizzly

The current scheme makes that hard to answer but, I'll say Leonard Floyd. My question for you is: With Urlacher being a sure fire HOF inductee, is he the last GREAT first rounder this franchise has made?

I see what you did there. Trying to get me to comment on Trubisky. Haha.

Actually, if I were to pick a guy we chose #1 but not on the team I'd have to say Greg Olsen. In fact of our last 1st rounders since then he probably has the best chance.

But staying with current players and barring any long term injuries is go with Floyd or Long. Floyd still has ALOT to prove but looks to have that potential. And Long, he'll he'd make it on name alone. But really, all the guys done is get elected to the Pro Bowl in each of his first few seasons; until last year. For a lot of reasons I really hope Kyle can get back to his full time play. He's a great guy, player and teammate. Something our team really needs.

I see what you did there. Trying to get me to comment on Trubisky. Haha.

Actually, if I were to pick a guy we chose #1 but not on the team I'd have to say Greg Olsen. In fact of our last 1st rounders since then he probably has the best chance.

But staying with current players and barring any long term injuries is go with Floyd or Long. Floyd still has ALOT to prove but looks to have that potential. And Long, he'll he'd make it on name alone. But really, all the guys done is get elected to the Pro Bowl in each of his first few seasons; until last year. For a lot of reasons I really hope Kyle can get back to his full time play. He's a great guy, player and teammate. Something our team really needs.

Ha ha, I wasn't yanking your chain. I truly think that Urlacher was the last(as in the past) great 1st round pick this team has made. The jury is still out on Long. If the conversation was about the best 2nd rounder the Tillman,Forte, Hester and Jeffrey debate might be good with the jury still out on Goldman as well. What I was implying is that since Urlacher the Bears have only hit on one first rounder since him and that is Long. Tommie Harris was good for a couple years and dominant but he and Long are looking similar right now imo.

Four things that stand out to me.

1. God he was a great LB!

2. Lance Briggs

3. Charles Tillman

$. Mike Brown

So to answer your question. Who's the next great Bear LB? I don't think he is on the roster at this time. And when that person is, one can only hope he has the teammates that 54 had!!

As far as the last great pick overall? I would have to say yes he is. I don't see a sure fire HOF'er IMHO like 54 is on the roster at this time.