Carey to miss 6 weeks

DABEARSDABOMB

I love his running style but it leads to this recurring theme with injuries. I could see him on IR just for the team to keep him around. I'm not sure how the designated to return IR works. Can you start out one way and then get designated to return later or does that have to be decided up front? If we can stash him there and make a decision later that would be ideal.

We have a lot of question marks for the 53-man roster around RBs, FBs, WRs, and TEs. If you view Cohen as an alternate slot WR, which he is learning, then do you need 6 WRs or 5? If he fills a dual role then do we keep 4 RBs? Likewise with the TEs Miller and Brown who can both split out wide and create mismatches.

FWIW I don't believe the Bears have shown Cohen as a slot WR this preseason. That shouldn't change in game 3.

I love his running style but it leads to this recurring theme with injuries. I could see him on IR just for the team to keep him around. I'm not sure how the designated to return IR works. Can you start out one way and then get designated to return later or does that have to be decided up front? If we can stash him there and make a decision later that would be ideal.

We have a lot of question marks for the 53-man roster around RBs, FBs, WRs, and TEs. If you view Cohen as an alternate slot WR, which he is learning, then do you need 6 WRs or 5? If he fills a dual role then do we keep 4 RBs? Likewise with the TEs Miller and Brown who can both split out wide and create mismatches.

FWIW I don't believe the Bears have shown Cohen as a slot WR this preseason. That shouldn't change in game 3.

I'm not entirely sure how it works but I think you can only designate 1 or 2 players with it while everyone else goes in season ending ir