Langford waived no surprise

50england50

Yes but why did we sign Taquan Mizzell? He's a small RB, 5'10" and 190lbs who can't break tackles. He is very quick and shifty, decent speed but doesn't appear fast enough for long runs in the NFL. I see no KR/PR history but he can catch well. In other words he's more similar to Cohen and Cunningham.

By all accounts Baltimore still wanted him and hoped he would sneak onto the practice squad. Regarding Langford I was dismayed when I heard the report he injured his ankle in a walk through.

I suppose it might have been better to pick up a bigger back but Howard seems to be durable. Fingers crossed.

Guess I'm not the only one disappointed in our cutting Langford. Really feel he could spell Howard when needed while all these little backs are ok for a change of pace but not capable of playing three downs.

Guess I'm not the only one disappointed in our cutting Langford. Really feel he could spell Howard when needed while all these little backs are ok for a change of pace but not capable of playing three downs.

I'm with you on the disappointment of Langford. But it sounds as though his durability is in question too. I'd have preferred they get another big back rather than all these little guys.

Edit: after reading up on Mizzelle a little, he got 1500 yards rushing and 1500 yards receiving last year. That's pretty impressive. Like a small version of Forte.

I'm with you on the disappointment of Langford. But it sounds as though his durability is in question too. I'd have preferred they get another big back rather than all these little guys.

Edit: after reading up on Mizzelle a little, he got 1500 yards rushing and 1500 yards receiving last year. That's pretty impressive. Like a small version of Forte.

I believe that's his total for his college career. Still he is versatile like Forte was and with the WR issues we have being able to use Cohen, Cunningham, or Mizzelle on routes will help us.

Yes but why did we sign Taquan Mizzell? He's a small RB, 5'10" and 190lbs who can't break tackles. He is very quick and shifty, decent speed but doesn't appear fast enough for long runs in the NFL. I see no KR/PR history but he can catch well. In other words he's more similar to Cohen and Cunningham.

You might want to recheck that correlation to Cohen. He runs a 4.4, has been rumored at times sub-4.4, and put up a 4.42 at the combine. He most certainly has enough speed for long runs in the NFL.

Mizzell may be Cunningham, but he's no Cohen.

You might want to recheck that correlation to Cohen. He runs a 4.4, has been rumored at times sub-4.4, and put up a 4.42 at the combine. He most certainly has enough speed for long runs in the NFL.

Mizzell may be Cunningham, but he's no Cohen.

I know he doesn't have Cohen's speed but his running style appears most similar to Cohen's among our current RB group, and he's a smaller back. Mizzell has fumble issues too that hopefully Cohen doesn't have. It's still not clear why we have one guy who is really good at this in Cohen and we felt the need to bring in another who is just "good". Unless we think he might be a better option than Cunningham once he learns the offense?

I know he doesn't have Cohen's speed but his running style appears most similar to Cohen's among our current RB group, and he's a smaller back. Mizzell has fumble issues too that hopefully Cohen doesn't have. It's still not clear why we have one guy who is really good at this in Cohen and we felt the need to bring in another who is just "good". Unless we think he might be a better option than Cunningham once he learns the offense?

I agree with the oddity of cutting Langford and signing Mizzell. It's a WTF move.