Bears vs. Packers Game Thread

AZ54

Six weeks ago everyone was saying forget about the record, let the kid play and learn. We'll get and need a high draft pick anyway. He's doing that and the results haven't been fantastic but he's improving. Yet that record thing is now a hot topic.

Inman fits in the Meredith category, maybe he's a tick slower in/out of his cuts but he's a heck of a lot better at getting open than Gentry. He's going to help Trubisky quite a bit.

I agree with you on Inman. He had that bad drop (imo) late in the game, but in general, he's at least an NFL receiver who got open from time to time (vs. the crap we have had). Huge difference.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note, if they call the clear hold on Nelson, Montgomery does go in untouched; and there are enough pictures of Cunningham's toe on the white with control that shows he was out. So again, we have enough pts on game changing calls that are the difference in the game.

Just think if we scored a TD instead of a touchback, and GB only gets a FG instead of a TD, we win 23-19. Two calls decided the outcome of the game, regardless of how bad we played. We had 1st and goal and 4 downs to win in ATL and lost, tied with MIN and the ball, and had the ball inside NO territory with a chance to tie. Outside of the first GB game, we have been in every game. I know there are no moral victories, but we are not that far off. We have shown flashes, but now we lack consistency, which will hopefully come over the remainder of the season.

Fox and Loggains should be gone regardless of any other outcomes.

Every Trubisky completion, and there are more than 7 of them. I wish they included all attempts because it would be nice to evaluate his missed reads on blitzes and other plays. Nonetheless there is progress here that we haven't seen to date. Plus it's clear that even on the drive around 5min left in the game the Packers did not go into a full prevent defense although there were plays they'd have given up underneath routes. Trubisky still fired into the coverage past the 10 yard line.

Every Trubisky completion, and there are more than 7 of them. I wish they included all attempts because it would be nice to evaluate his missed reads on blitzes and other plays. Nonetheless there is progress here that we haven't seen to date. Plus it's clear that even on the drive around 5min left in the game the Packers did not go into a full prevent defense although there were plays they'd have given up underneath routes. Trubisky still fired into the coverage past the 10 yard line.

According to your video and if these were all the completions; I counted a total of 16. 5 in the first, 5 in the second, 0 in the third and 6 in the fourth. Of those thrown in the 4th quarter and excluding the first two that eventually led to a score, the other four were quite literally 12 or less yards. One was 10 yards only because the receiver ran 5 yards after the catch. My understanding of pass prevent is apparently different than you and others who have posted here. When you have a lead, regardless of it being 7 or 14 or more and you know that the QB is struggling on pre-snap reads and the RB is contained you drop your LB's away from the line and your safeties and CB's are not doing press coverage; in other words letting the receivers get the underneath 10 yard chunk plays. If the Bears were down by three, I'd suspect we'd see more aggressive blitzes like they had been doing earlier in the game (remember the five sacks?) and they'd stack more in the box to bottle up the run. Those last minutes of the game we saw more of a passive defense.

I will admit this though, he had more completions overall than I had recalled so that is something worthy of note. And yes, no turnovers.