Yuck

madlithuanian

Day after, and I feel hungover. Not from actual drinking, but from the season already. Not that I watched the whole game...I bowed out when we went down by 21 to watch the Red Zone Channel.

This team is done for the season. They are checked out. I don't think we beat SF. SF is fighting hard and have a better coaching staff than us. I think the only one we win is against the Browns. We go 4-12. That said, like the team, I'm a bit checked out. It's hard watching Tru struggle with bad play calling, stupid penalties and no talent around him. I'll still stick with it, but I literally wish there was a Madden "Simulate Rest of Season" button.

We have some talent. We need more depth. We need more talent. We need much better coaches.

We need legit starters whether in FA or the draft...at WR, OL, Pass Rusher, and DB. Depth, we need another RB, TE, MLBs.

I think, overall, it's not a bad job to attract talent. Pace will get to hire his coach. With the idea that Tru has potential, that we have a D on an upward swing, and in a major market...the job should be enticing. And as a landing spot for FA, it should be enticing. I'd like a coach hired ASAP, and have them recruit talent. Not unlike what Smith did to get Peppers all those years ago.

I'm just so over Fox & co... As long as they are in the building, there is virtually no reason to get excited or interested in anything. No progression will happen, only regression. That's another blemish on Pace. So, to me, he should be allowed on big chance to hire the rights guys...and then all bets are off.

Day after, and I feel hungover. Not from actual drinking, but from the season already. Not that I watched the whole game...I bowed out when we went down by 21 to watch the Red Zone Channel.

This team is done for the season. They are checked out. I don't think we beat SF. SF is fighting hard and have a better coaching staff than us. I think the only one we win is against the Browns. We go 4-12. That said, like the team, I'm a bit checked out. It's hard watching Tru struggle with bad play calling, stupid penalties and no talent around him. I'll still stick with it, but I literally wish there was a Madden "Simulate Rest of Season" button.

We have some talent. We need more depth. We need more talent. We need much better coaches.

We need legit starters whether in FA or the draft...at WR, OL, Pass Rusher, and DB. Depth, we need another RB, TE, MLBs.

I think, overall, it's not a bad job to attract talent. Pace will get to hire his coach. With the idea that Tru has potential, that we have a D on an upward swing, and in a major market...the job should be enticing. And as a landing spot for FA, it should be enticing. I'd like a coach hired ASAP, and have them recruit talent. Not unlike what Smith did to get Peppers all those years ago.

I'm just so over Fox & co... As long as they are in the building, there is virtually no reason to get excited or interested in anything. No progression will happen, only regression. That's another blemish on Pace. So, to me, he should be allowed on big chance to hire the rights guys...and then all bets are off.

Agreed. I am crying in my 4 Roses Small Batch for sure.

Here's a different take on Fox.

I think we were LUCKY to have him.

Yes, I see everything you all see too. And yes, I think it's time for him to go.

But realize this was a rebuilding project, and we wanted a legit coach to change the culture and begin to install the Parcells tree 3-4 etc.

Consider also that no one would have wanted this job, knowing that they would look awful for at least 2 years and probably get fired before the fruit ripened.

So yes, it's time for Fox to go. I hope we can keep Fangio, but if not, so be it. But we were lucky to get this staff for the last 3 years, and now we are in a position to get a better coach with a different mission who can build on the culture that Fox taught here, and is shared by the Parcells tree coaches. That kind of lasting culture is what makes teams stable and strong. Pace is doing well. He got us a great interim coach, and now he has a chance to get us the guy to take the next step.

I basically agree.

That was then, this is now. Then, sure. Now, hell no.

Yes, I see everything you all see too. And yes, I think it's time for him to go.

But realize this was a rebuilding project, and we wanted a legit coach to change the culture and begin to install the Parcells tree 3-4 etc.

Consider also that no one would have wanted this job, knowing that they would look awful for at least 2 years and probably get fired before the fruit ripened.

So yes, it's time for Fox to go. I hope we can keep Fangio, but if not, so be it. But we were lucky to get this staff for the last 3 years, and now we are in a position to get a better coach with a different mission who can build on the culture that Fox taught here, and is shared by the Parcells tree coaches. That kind of lasting culture is what makes teams stable and strong. Pace is doing well. He got us a great interim coach, and now he has a chance to get us the guy to take the next step.

Well said.

Im with you but not quite ready to wholesale give up on Fox. A lot of reasons already listed on another post (and I won’t rehash here) but the biggest piece is the potential loss of Fangio. And I’m not completely sold that what we’re seeing is completely Fox’s fault. My ‘sixth sense’ tells me something isn’t right behind the scenes. Could it be true that Fox is more a power hungry control freak that is limiting the teams growth or is it the much less experienced GM not able to deliver top tier talent because he’s sure it can be found in lower tier D2 schools and the like?

Either way, we dump Fox now and I see it causing a significant ripple effect that hopefully would prove positive. But the conspiracist in me cant help wonder if it’s that obvious.