Top 10 draftable Bear choices.

Stinger226

How about Iowa CB Josh Jackson? Seen him ranked a few times top 10.

I rarely see his name in the top 10 . I grant you the so called experts are just guesses anyways but it gives you a measuring stick. Frizt is always in the top 10 if not the top 5 so it is easier to measure him at the top of the draft. Jackson will be a first round pick though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely see his name in the top 10 . I grant you the so called experts are just guesses anyways but it gives you a measuring stick. Frizt is always in the top 10 if not the top 5 so it is easier to measure him at the top of the draft. Jackson will be a first round pick though.

Q. Nelson keeps popping up as a top 5 and top 10 prospect every where.

If available, drafting him at 8 with the possibility of playing him at RT the first year. HH is the only one that knows for sure. Then keep Sitton one more year. Let Morgan develop and then decide to leave Nelson at RT and slide Morgan in the LG spot.

food for thought.

Q. Nelson keeps popping up as a top 5 and top 10 prospect every where.

If available, drafting him at 8 with the possibility of playing him at RT the first year. HH is the only one that knows for sure. Then keep Sitton one more year. Let Morgan develop and then decide to leave Nelson at RT and slide Morgan in the LG spot.

food for thought.

I thought I saw that Nelson is only a guard

The more I get lost in mock drafts and Big Boards, the more I think our pick will be between:

Q Nelson or T. Edmunds

Who do you take?

Im all in on Nelson

I absolutely want Nelson hands down. I've had a sense all along though that he won't be available. If he's gone I'm between Edmunds and Ridley

I absolutely want Nelson hands down. I've had a sense all along though that he won't be available. If he's gone I'm between Edmunds and Ridley

We all keep looking at filling needs with the 8th pick and if we go with just BPA, how much does that change things?

To be realistic, there will be 3 QBs and a RB taken in front of us, so that leaves us with the fourth best non glamour position player.

The possibility exists a 4th QB taken or gives us a trade back scenario at our spot.

BPAs consensus: The three websites I like for player evaluation are GBNDR, Draft Countdown and Matt Miller so those are what is used in this post.

Q. Nelson/OG

M. Friztpatrick/DB

B. Chubb/EDGE

these 3 are in the top 10 in all projections.

I think if any are available, we draft him, period.

Names mentioned in top 10

D. Ward/CB

C. Williams/OT

D. James/S

R.Smith/ILB

T Edmunds/EDGE

V.Veta/DL

If the first 3 are gone, who would be next?

I think rating them all close in value, we favor EDGE or OT over the other positions.

T. Edmunds or C. Williams would be our pick.

The only problem with that is assuming the top ten we see align with the top ten in the opinion of our staff.

If for example, they have a WR highly rated, that would change everything.

Or maybe they like the ILB from Georgia a lot etc.

Also, Trubisky needs targets. If you have Ridley ranked 12th for example, you might take him at 8 even if it is a bit of a reach - if you think he's a #1 WR, maybe you just go get him. Kind of like trading up for #2 to get Trubisky last year...

The only problem with that is assuming the top ten we see align with the top ten in the opinion of our staff.

If for example, they have a WR highly rated, that would change everything.

Or maybe they like the ILB from Georgia a lot etc.

Also, Trubisky needs targets. If you have Ridley ranked 12th for example, you might take him at 8 even if it is a bit of a reach - if you think he's a #1 WR, maybe you just go get him. Kind of like trading up for #2 to get Trubisky last year...

I truly don't think we'll draft WR. Pace can't get burned on that twice. Also look at the Saints and Chiefs, as they don't spend high choices on WR.

I truly don't think we'll draft WR. Pace can't get burned on that twice. Also look at the Saints and Chiefs, as they don't spend high choices on WR.

I dunno if Kevin White's injury would make a difference to Pace taking a WR, but your other point is very interesting.

Who have Andy Reid's best WRs been, and how did he acquire them?

Also, what type of WRs does Reid favor?

I dunno if Pace will want to emulate New Orleans or supply the type of player his coaches prefer.

Good points.

I dunno if Kevin White's injury would make a difference to Pace taking a WR, but your other point is very interesting.

Who have Andy Reid's best WRs been, and how did he acquire them?

Also, what type of WRs does Reid favor?

I dunno if Pace will want to emulate New Orleans or supply the type of player his coaches prefer.

Good points.

I keep seeing people put Ridley as our first pick at 8 but overall, the highest I see WRs rated is in the teens as far as value.

Like Mongo said, having White on his resume will cause Pace to over think drafting a WR at that high a spot. Also league history shows that you have just as many busts in the first round as hits. Also many later round WRs have been successful in recent drafts.

Last year 3 WRs were taken in the first round(top 10). Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross. Not one would be considered successful last year.

The only 2 good rookie WRs last year were a late 2nd round and early 3rd round. JuJu and Cooper Kupp.

We aint taking a WR early, period.

I keep seeing people put Ridley as our first pick at 8 but overall, the highest I see WRs rated is in the teens as far as value.

Like Mongo said, having White on his resume will cause Pace to over think drafting a WR at that high a spot. Also league history shows that you have just as many busts in the first round as hits. Also many later round WRs have been successful in recent drafts.

Last year 3 WRs were taken in the first round(top 10). Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross. Not one would be considered successful last year.

The only 2 good rookie WRs last year were a late 2nd round and early 3rd round. JuJu and Cooper Kupp.

We aint taking a WR early, period.

Only way they draft a WR in the first is if they trade down. I dont see Ridley ranked much higher than some later prospects that could be had rd2 through 4.

Only way they draft a WR in the first is if they trade down. I dont see Ridley ranked much higher than some later prospects that could be had rd2 through 4.

Personally I think Ridley is worthy of top 10. I know hardly any ranking experts disagree with me but that's not going to make me change my mind. I think he's a #1 WR if he has a good QB that can get him the ball. He put up pretty good numbers with trash throwing him the ball

Personally I think Ridley is worthy of top 10. I know hardly any ranking experts disagree with me but that's not going to make me change my mind. I think he's a #1 WR if he has a good QB that can get him the ball. He put up pretty good numbers with trash throwing him the ball

I don't disagree he will look better with an NFL caliber QB tossing the ball. I just don't see a top 10 pick spent on that position. Just going off analytics, WRs are the riskiest position in the draft to fill. I also think we address the position in FA.

It may turn out to be true, but in all of this we are trying to predict what the Bears will do.

Pace will not draft a WR at 8 because:

White

Last year 3 top 10 WRs did nothing special to contribute to their teams in the first year.

History tells us half of the first round picks will be busts.

He simply will not take a chance on a WR at 8 when the consensus tells us he is not worth it.

Now if we move back to the middle of the round, I think that is possible.

He will go with a OLB-CB-OL in the first round.

I don't disagree he will look better with an NFL caliber QB tossing the ball. I just don't see a top 10 pick spent on that position. Just going off analytics, WRs are the riskiest position in the draft to fill. I also think we address the position in FA.

I agree the position has more risk. Part of the problem with top 10 WRs is they generally go to a team with crap for QBs so it could be they fail because of that. White I won't sit here and blame pace like some do and say that he shouldn't take a WR in the 1st just because he missed on white. White has been 100% injury related. These things happen all the time and just because he got hurt doesn't guarantee the next person will or that he's destined to fail. Im willing to bet that pace isn't thinking about white when it comes to drafting someone

I agree the position has more risk. Part of the problem with top 10 WRs is they generally go to a team with crap for QBs so it could be they fail because of that. White I won't sit here and blame pace like some do and say that he shouldn't take a WR in the 1st just because he missed on white. White has been 100% injury related. These things happen all the time and just because he got hurt doesn't guarantee the next person will or that he's destined to fail. Im willing to bet that pace isn't thinking about white when it comes to drafting someone

If he drafts a WR that fails, he loses his job, he absolutely has that in the back of his mind. If he was a top 10 rated player, that may be different but most dont have him there.

The thing to keep in mind is he will try to fill needs in FA so he is not pinned to a position of need.

He will resign Fuller and then add a Amerson or Breeland, not needing a CB at 8.

He will resign Meredith and maybe Wright and go out and grab a M. Lee and P. Richardson, not making that position so important to fill at 8.

He will resign Houston, bring in a Aaron Lynch and bring back C. Jones. still a need but can wait until the second round. Will keep Willie Young for one more year.

At 8 he will take the BPA one of Q. Nelson/OG

Fritzpatrick/DB

T. Edmunds/edge

C. Williams/OT

If he drafts a WR that fails, he loses his job, he absolutely has that in the back of his mind. If he was a top 10 rated player, that may be different but most dont have him there.

The thing to keep in mind is he will try to fill needs in FA so he is not pinned to a position of need.

He will resign Fuller and then add a Amerson or Breeland, not needing a CB at 8.

He will resign Meredith and maybe Wright and go out and grab a M. Lee and P. Richardson, not making that position so important to fill at 8.

He will resign Houston, bring in a Aaron Lynch and bring back C. Jones. still a need but can wait until the second round. Will keep Willie Young for one more year.

Fritzpatrick/DB

T. Edmunds/edge

C. Williams/OT

I think Marcus Davenport could be in the mix at #8. Much depends on how he works out and if he can show enough lateral movement skills. If he doesn't have that he may just fit as a 4-3 DE.

Fritzpatrick/DB

T. Edmunds/edge

C. Williams/OT

If pace misses with the top 10 pick again he will likely lose his job. That has nothing to do with any position in particular because of his track record with top picks. Not just 1 particular position. Now I'm not going to sit here and say that pace had to take WR because that's stupid. I also don't want him to just go by your rankings or experts rankings. I want him to draft based on his rankings. Don't want him to cross off WR in the 1st Rd just because of white either because that is also stupid. If pace doesn't think any wr is worthy of top 10 I want it to be based solely on that individual no one else. If Ridley is taken by us with the 8th pick he will either succeed or fail on his own I guarantee it will have nothing to do with white

If pace misses with the top 10 pick again he will likely lose his job. That has nothing to do with any position in particular because of his track record with top picks. Not just 1 particular position. Now I'm not going to sit here and say that pace had to take WR because that's stupid. I also don't want him to just go by your rankings or experts rankings. I want him to draft based on his rankings. Don't want him to cross off WR in the 1st Rd just because of white either because that is also stupid. If pace doesn't think any wr is worthy of top 10 I want it to be based solely on that individual no one else. If Ridley is taken by us with the 8th pick he will either succeed or fail on his own I guarantee it will have nothing to do with white

This is exactly how I feel.

Halas Hall may have Ridley (or someone else) ranked even lower. Maybe they're in love with a pass rusher. Pass rushers are pretty damned important. We need ILB too, and the guy from Georgia is intriguing. Again, as youve said, it all depends on their own evaluations.

But one thing is sure. Theyre building everything around Trubisky right now, and we have one of the worst WR groups in history. The new guys are going to have to come from somewhere.

They may well go somewhere else for round 1, but then I think they will definitely look at WR int he 2nd, and I wouldnt be shocked to see them draft 2 WRs, no matter which rounds they do it in.

Halas Hall may have Ridley (or someone else) ranked even lower. Maybe they're in love with a pass rusher. Pass rushers are pretty damned important. We need ILB too, and the guy from Georgia is intriguing. Again, as youve said, it all depends on their own evaluations.

But one thing is sure. Theyre building everything around Trubisky right now, and we have one of the worst WR groups in history. The new guys are going to have to come from somewhere.

They may well go somewhere else for round 1, but then I think they will definitely look at WR int he 2nd, and I wouldnt be shocked to see them draft 2 WRs, no matter which rounds they do it in.

Tremaine Edmunds would be an intriguing pick since be could move inside or out for LB. Kind of like Christian Jones but much more athletic.

I agree they may draft 2 wrs, but have no thoughts it might be in the first round. I have my own thoughts on player value, but it is based on other peoples opinions that have put time in evaluating the players. The experts are only right half the time so none of all of opinions really mater.

My whole point of not drafting a WR at 8 is based on several reasons now just because he drafted White and it did not turn out. As I mentioned to Bowling.

Tremaine Edmunds would be an intriguing pick since be could move inside or out for LB. Kind of like Christian Jones but much more athletic.

I think he may be our best choice for the simple fact he is only 19 right now and has a lot of growth coming under the tutorial of Fangio.

Plus he will be there at 8. He could be that guy Fangios schemes everywhere on the field .

I think he may be our best choice for the simple fact he is only 19 right now and has a lot of growth coming under the tutorial of Fangio.

Plus he will be there at 8. He could be that guy Fangios schemes everywhere on the field .

He should definately be considered. At 19, he is 6'4" to -6-5" and about 250. He can add 15 pounds with NFL strength training and be another Aldon Smith. With Floyd at 6'6", they will have some explosive length on the edge. He is raw, being 19, and will require patience to see results. That will play a factor at pick 8. Someone like Q Nelson can step in starting day 1, where Edmunds will be eased in as a rotational rusher.