Trade down scenario

Stinger226

Why do you think it would take both 1sts and a 3rd?

1.8=1400

1.21=800

1.22=780

I'd say that trade is near perfect. It's paying a premium to move up, but not that big of a premium.

Wow do seriously need to break this down again for you. Ok I'll try but it's pretty evident your aren't even paying attention to what I'm saying. Why do I think it would take both 1st and a 3rd? Honestly doesn't matter what I think because that is in material because in your proposed trade there your giving them our #8 and we get #21,22 and there 3rd. That's coming from your mouth not mine. Now I said that personally for me that's giving up way too much on Buffalo's end that's 1 reason I don't see it happening. I don't see them as completely dumb to go that far to get a QB. Do they need an upgrade from Taylor? Of course. Could I see them making a trade up in the 1st to get a QB? Yes. However this type of trade on there would smell like pure desperation and I don't see them becoming that desperate. All they need is an upgrade over Taylor. They don't need to get into the top 10 and if they did I don't see them giving up that much where all give up is #8.

I would be good with your scenario because upgrading the OL at two positions,Im all in on.

I guess the only difference in our opinions is how good McG will be. We will know in 3 years.

Another scenario I would be good with is grabbing Zack Fulton in FA and plugging him in at OC and have Whitehair at LG and then drafting a potential replacement for RT in the second or third.

I like this option with Zack Fulton quite a bit. Cut Sitton and backfill OT in Rd 2 or 3 where there are some good options.

The more I read, the more I think they will keep the Oline intact for one more year and draft in middle rounds a OT to groom for taking Massies job next year.

We still have Morgan in the pipeline at OG, so I think they keep Sitton for one more year and groom Morgan to take his spot.

So that changes my perspective on predicting who we draft.

In trading with Buffalo for there first rounds picks and a third, this is where I am at right now.

1-21 Marcus Davenport/OLB the more I look the more I see him as a late first round pick.

1-22 Josh Jackson/CB He is a good size playmaker with 8 ints as a senior

2-7 Christian Kirk/WR a speed theat that will thrive in the new offense

3- 32 Marcus Ateman/WR the tall go up and get guy

4-a Brandon Parker/OT a OT to groom to take Massies spot

4-b Joel Sweat/5T another prospect for the line

5 PJ Hill /DT a DT to backup Goldman

6 Joe Osman/edge another prospect for the outside

7 Mike White/QB back to drafting one every year

One former GM doesn't think Davenport gets out of the top 10. Here Casserly has him going at #5 overall, which is very surprising to me. Casserly always has his own strong opinions, sometimes unique to himself, but he also has a lot of contacts around the league. When I see something like this about Davenport it makes me wonder if this is what he's hearing from his contacts, as well as what he sees in him (likely Senior Bowl film).

Almost everywhere else I see Davenport talked about more as a 4-3 DE. Davenport and Edmunds are a little different in their strengths/attributes but each could fill a role on our defense. Edmunds being more OLB/ILB versatile, while Davenport fits the McPhee role as OLB and then DE in our 4-man front for our nickel D. I'll be watching the combine closely to see how these two perform in the agility drills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000091...-saquon-barkley

One former GM doesn't think Davenport gets out of the top 10. Here Casserly has him going at #5 overall, which is very surprising to me. Casserly always has his own strong opinions, sometimes unique to himself, but he also has a lot of contacts around the league. When I see something like this about Davenport it makes me wonder if this is what he's hearing from his contacts, as well as what he sees in him (likely Senior Bowl film).

Almost everywhere else I see Davenport talked about more as a 4-3 DE. Davenport and Edmunds are a little different in their strengths/attributes but each could fill a role on our defense. Edmunds being more OLB/ILB versatile, while Davenport fits the McPhee role as OLB and then DE in our 4-man front for our nickel D. I'll be watching the combine closely to see how these two perform in the agility drills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000091...-saquon-barkley

Him more than anybody seems to be all over the place. I think he is more a 15 to 25 drafted player than top 10.

I think with possibilities of 4 QBs and Barkley going top 10. He just doesnt seem like the 5 th best player left over for me.

Nelson

Chubb

Fritzpatrick

D. Ward ?

D James ?

R Smith ?

I personally think if you taking risks on upside that after the first group T. Edmunds is the best prospect for us.

Wow do seriously need to break this down again for you. Ok I'll try but it's pretty evident your aren't even paying attention to what I'm saying. Why do I think it would take both 1st and a 3rd? Honestly doesn't matter what I think because that is in material because in your proposed trade there your giving them our #8 and we get #21,22 and there 3rd. That's coming from your mouth not mine. Now I said that personally for me that's giving up way too much on Buffalo's end that's 1 reason I don't see it happening. I don't see them as completely dumb to go that far to get a QB. Do they need an upgrade from Taylor? Of course. Could I see them making a trade up in the 1st to get a QB? Yes. However this type of trade on there would smell like pure desperation and I don't see them becoming that desperate. All they need is an upgrade over Taylor. They don't need to get into the top 10 and if they did I don't see them giving up that much where all give up is #8.

What the heck are you talking about? I never said the Bears would trade anything like that. In any variation. I just said I would like the trade down draft results another posted.

You said, "No both 1sts and a 3rd I don't think they would do that." That pretty much implies the other team giving the Bears three picks. Hence my question.

Try scrolling up next time before getting your panties in a twist.

What the heck are you talking about? I never said the Bears would trade anything like that. In any variation. I just said I would like the trade down draft results another posted.

You said, "No both 1sts and a 3rd I don't think they would do that." That pretty much implies the other team giving the Bears three picks. Hence my question.

Try scrolling up next time before getting your panties in a twist.

Opps sorry Jason my bad. It was the original post that started all of this which was by stinger so that's my bad. I'm man enough to admit I made a mistake on that. The original post suggested we trade #8 for there 2 1's and there 3rd. And that in no way is that happening. I honestly think if I'm Buffalo I make a run after aj mccarron. Who won his appeal and was granted his release

Opps sorry Jason my bad. It was the original post that started all of this which was by stinger so that's my bad. I'm man enough to admit I made a mistake on that. The original post suggested we trade #8 for there 2 1's and there 3rd. And that in no way is that happening. I honestly think if I'm Buffalo I make a run after aj mccarron. Who won his appeal and was granted his release

It's cool. I just couldn't figure out why you thought I was proposing such a thing.

When I replied to that trade I didn't even realize the extra third. I was just immediately enamored with the draft.

If I were Buffalo, I'd do exactly what you're suggesting. And then I'd supplement with a mid/late round QB.

It's cool. I just couldn't figure out why you thought I was proposing such a thing.

When I replied to that trade I didn't even realize the extra third. I was just immediately enamored with the draft.

If I were Buffalo, I'd do exactly what you're suggesting. And then I'd supplement with a mid/late round QB.

Exactly. Buffalo already has a decent team. Just need an upgrade over Taylor and that shouldn't be all that hard as I believe he's horrible

I read where Tyrod Taylor will not take a pay cut this year which will be a problem going forward for Buffalo. So I predict that they trade Taylor for a third round pick and trade up with us to get a QB. They trade for 1-8 1-21--1-22---3-96 1-21 Arden Key/ edge rusher 1-22 Mike McGlinchey/OT 2-39 Christian Kirk/WR 3-96 Brandon Parker/OT 4-101 Marcell Ateman/WR 4-111 Quentin Meeks/CB 5-136 D.J. Hill/DT 6-167 Jack Cichy/ILB 7-198 Austin Kuhnert/OC

Tried another Buffalo trade down since it has been a few weeks since I mocked, but was surprised at how many former top players are falling.

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 21 (BUF): Ridley, Calvin, WR, Alabama A+

Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF): Wynn, Isaiah, OG, Georgia B+

Round 2 Pick 7: Key, Arden, DE/OLB, LSU B+

Round 3 Pick 32 (BUF): Meeks, Quenton, CB, Stanford A+

Round 4 Pick 5: Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech A+

Round 4 Pick 15: Miller, Kolton, OT, UCLA A-

Round 5 Pick 8: Fumagalli, Troy, TE, Wisconsin A

Round 6 Pick 7: Tate, Auden, WR, Florida State A+

Round 7 Pick 6: Thomas, Roc, RB, Jacksonville State A+

Tried another Buffalo trade down since it has been a few weeks since I mocked, but was surprised at how many former top players are falling.

Your Picks:

Would love that draft, Miller would will never last that long.

Your Picks:

Is this another where we give Buffalo #8 and they give us both 1sts and there 3rd?

Is this another where we give Buffalo #8 and they give us both 1sts and there 3rd?

yes LOL and it's silly!

On the draft pick value chart, our #8 overall is worth 1400 value points.

Buffalo's #21 is worth 800 and their #22 is worth 780. That's a combined value of 1570, so they wouldn't be giving us their 3rd rounder, they'd already be overpaying by 170 points.

To put that into context, the 20th pick of the 3rd round is worth 170 points. So we'd owe THEM a 3rd rounder, not the other way around.

We dont have a 3rd this year, but both our 4th round picks together are worth 148 and our 6th is worth 18.6.

So if we traded with Buffalo, our first for their two firsts, we'd have to give up both 4th round picks and the 6th rounder to make it fair. And we'd still be coming out a bit ahead.

Another option would be our first and second for Buffalo's 2 firsts and their lower second.

BEARS

1-08 #8 overall 1400 points

2-07 #39 overall 510 points

total = 1910 points

BUFFALO

1-21 #21 overall 800 points

1-22 #22 overall 780 points

2-23 #55 overall 350 points

total = 1920 points

Buffalo also has the 21st pick in the 2nd round as well, and maybe we could hold them up for that instead, but either way they'd have the #8 pick overall, and 2 picks in the second including our high 7th pick in the 2nd round.

They might make that trade for sure. I'm not sure we would. It all depends on who we have our eye on at #8 overall.

yes LOL and it's silly!

On the draft pick value chart, our #8 overall is worth 1400 value points.

Buffalo's #21 is worth 800 and their #22 is worth 780. That's a combined value of 1570, so they wouldn't be giving us their 3rd rounder, they'd already be overpaying by 170 points.

To put that into context, the 20th pick of the 3rd round is worth 170 points. So we'd owe THEM a 3rd rounder, not the other way around.

We dont have a 3rd this year, but both our 4th round picks together are worth 148 and our 6th is worth 18.6.

So if we traded with Buffalo, our first for their two firsts, we'd have to give up both 4th round picks and the 6th rounder to make it fair. And we'd still be coming out a bit ahead.

Another option would be our first and second for Buffalo's 2 firsts and their lower second.

BEARS

1-08 #8 overall 1400 points

2-07 #39 overall 510 points

total = 1910 points

BUFFALO

1-21 #21 overall 800 points

1-22 #22 overall 780 points

2-23 #55 overall 350 points

total = 1920 points

Buffalo also has the 21st pick in the 2nd round as well, and maybe we could hold them up for that instead, but either way they'd have the #8 pick overall, and 2 picks in the second including our high 7th pick in the 2nd round.

They might make that trade for sure. I'm not sure we would. It all depends on who we have our eye on at #8 overall.

I'd make that trade but like you I'm not sure they would

The Bears would be crazy not to take that trade.

Well, since it's an equal value trade, no one would be crazy to take it or not take it.

It all depends on whether you have your eye on a particular player for #8.

21 and 22 will not have the same game breaking talent available that 8 will. But two players are better than one. Then again, your 2nd rounder drops etc etc.

There is no crazy here, just an option that they might or might not want to exercise depending on their player value board.