Sua Cravens?

jason

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/...ing-sua-cravens

Could be had for at worst for the Bears a 3rd rounder according to this article. Given the concern, it probably would make sense to start with a 6th as an initial offer. I bet the Bears and Skins could meet in the middle for the Bears early 4th rounder. It's a risk, but it could be a huge reward and the ILB of the future. We already know he can play in the NFL. The same can't be said for most 4th rounders.

Could be had for at worst for the Bears a 3rd rounder according to this article. Given the concern, it probably would make sense to start with a 6th as an initial offer. I bet the Bears and Skins could meet in the middle for the Bears early 4th rounder. It's a risk, but it could be a huge reward and the ILB of the future. We already know he can play in the NFL. The same can't be said for most 4th rounders.

For me, it is hard to see him being better than a 4th round pick. He was injured and just left the team without notice. He has been out of the league a year with post concussion syndrome. He seems like one helmet to helmet hit from IR.

You see him as an ILB at 210 lbs? I thought he mostly played Safety?

I don't know about giving up a 4th, but I would consider a 5th or 6th.

Not interested. I didn't like him that much as a draft prospect and now with the injury history I see no reason to give up a pick. Then I read that he has walked away from his college team, went AWOL one day with the Redskins, and then went full MIA. No way I'd give up a draft pick for him and then pay him $1.7mil. I'm not even sure where fits in our defense. He is not big enough for ILB, too slow for safety, so he's just an in-the-box NB. I would like to see the Packers trade for him so Nagy can get him in coverage on Cohen.

We are going to be trying to acquire more picks not lose them. Would you trade Howard, Cohen,E. Jackson, or N. Kwait ? those are picks that taken later than the 3rd round. A undersized, injury prone ILB.

For me, it is hard to see him being better than a 4th round pick. He was injured and just left the team without notice. He has been out of the league a year with post concussion syndrome. He seems like one helmet to helmet hit from IR.

You see him as an ILB at 210 lbs? I thought he mostly played Safety?

I don't know about giving up a 4th, but I would consider a 5th or 6th.

That's where he played for the Skins. But after seeing this quote, I don't think the idea is good any more. If the guy doesn't like the position and doesn't think he can play there, then he probably won't make it at that position, regardless of ability.

And the Bears don't really need a safety.

If he were more positive about the position, however, yes, I think he has the ability to be a rangy ILB in a 3-4.

We are going to be trying to acquire more picks not lose them. Would you trade Howard, Cohen,E. Jackson, or N. Kwait ? those are picks that taken later than the 3rd round. A undersized, injury prone ILB.

I understand we want to get more picks, but any time there is an opportunity to get a player who has already established they have the skill to play in the NFL for an uncertain draft pick, it's worth considering. And despite the recent success with 4th rounders, they don't usually pan out at such a high percentage.

I understand we want to get more picks, but any time there is an opportunity to get a player who has already established they have the skill to play in the NFL for an uncertain draft pick, it's worth considering. And despite the recent success with 4th rounders, they don't usually pan out at such a high percentage.

I totally agree with you , just not sure he is someone to hang your hat on. At 6'1" 224, to much of a tweener to make an impact at either position.

Isn't that the problem here? He hasn't established he has the ability to handle playing ILB, in a durable fashion. Now he's happy at safety and coaches are talking about him as a good player there but the same coaches are trying to trade him.

Isn't that the problem here? He hasn't established he has the ability to handle playing ILB, in a durable fashion. Now he's happy at safety and coaches are talking about him as a good player there but the same coaches are trying to trade him.

Well, he played 11 games as a rookie. I thought he only had concussion issues. If he could get past that, I would be all for such a move. But if he literally doesn't want to play ILB, then it's hard to believe he'll be impactful when he returns.

Well, he played 11 games as a rookie. I thought he only had concussion issues. If he could get past that, I would be all for such a move. But if he literally doesn't want to play ILB, then it's hard to believe he'll be impactful when he returns.

He said he doesn't want to play ILB, or at least that he much prefers being back at safety. At best he's an in-the-box safety so he's still gotta play well in heavy traffic. At this point I'd question if his heart is really into that. I'm not going to say I blame him either because I don't know what he's been through physically/mentally.