Roquan Smith - Welcome to the Bears

DABEARSDABOMB

Thought it might be good to have an official thread, where we can post some videos and quotes that come out, now that he's officially a Bear. Excited to have him and hope he turns into one of the next great Bears LB'ers.

Below is a good video clip I saw elsewhere highlighting some of his plays.  

Below is a clip of a detailed film study on him:

I saw in some of the clips #7 was involved in a lot of the plays that Smith was highlighted.  Better known as Lorenzo Carter.  They seem to feed off one another pretty well. 

Anyhow, I saw some post-draft interviews yesterday with Smith and I gotta say, the kid is just an awesome kid. Plain and simple. Smart, articulate and appears to be pretty humble.  Great character.  He ticks off some notable Chicago LBs without blinking...as if he’s been a fan all his life.  Tip of the hat to Pace on this one. 

3 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I saw in some of the clips #7 was involved in a lot of the plays that Smith was highlighted.  Better known as Lorenzo Carter.  They seem to feed off one another pretty well. 

Anyhow, I saw some post-draft interviews yesterday with Smith and I gotta say, the kid is just an awesome kid. Plain and simple. Smart, articulate and appears to be pretty humble.  Great character.  He ticks off some notable Chicago LBs without blinking...as if he’s been a fan all his life.  Tip of the hat to Pace on this one. 

I am 100% with you on his interviews and character. He impressed me a lot. I always root for our draft picks but he seems like an easy guy to root for and I can easily see him being a leader on the next great defense. Would love to get Lorenzo Carter to join the defensive unit as well. Less production but man he's just a physical specimen and I truly believe in our coaching. Give Fangio Carter and Smith to go with Floyd, Hicks, Goldman, Eddie Jackson, etc and I could see the long term potential for a great d (with the only major knock being playmaking in the secondary). Than turn the attention to seeing if we can get HH a piece or two late that he can work on molding.  While I might regret this comment, the more I think about it, the happier I am we didn't get Nelson.  

I saw a stat and almost none of the guards on playoff teams were high-draft picks. Going back to the point that quality guards can absolutely developed. With tackles there is a difference.  If we got Nelson it would have still been fine cause he'll be an outstanding football, but big picture when it comes to building a franchise its smarter to draft where the ultimately value is and I think we got better value with Smith.  

I couldn't be any more excited about the Bears picking Roquan..  I either wanted him or Quentin Nelson.  However,  Roquan is more of the "exciting" pick. Nelson would have been solid, but Roquan Smith can carry on the torch of great Chicago Bear linebackers.. Now, tonight I'd like the Bears to get another receiver.  Right now, I'm a happy Bears fan.. Roquan fits perfect for Fangio's nickle D.