Kyle Long restructured deal to stay a Bear!

eback

I'm glad we got this done too.  It was one of the contract changes I was hoping to see happen.  We still don't know details but just converting some salary to guaranteed money will lower his cap hit.   Biggs reported it as a pay cut so maybe there is a lower annual salary in there in exchange for the bigger guarantee.  Next up should be Whitehair's extension.   

I was not in the camp of cutting Long.  Maybe next year if he had another injury plagued season but this is his first offseason with no surgeries where he can get back to working on his craft.  I think he's got a lot left in the tank.  

9 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I'm glad we got this done too.  It was one of the contract changes I was hoping to see happen.  We still don't know details but just converting some salary to guaranteed money will lower his cap hit.   Biggs reported it as a pay cut so maybe there is a lower annual salary in there in exchange for the bigger guarantee.  Next up should be Whitehair's extension.   

I was not in the camp of cutting Long.  Maybe next year if he had another injury plagued season but this is his first offseason with no surgeries where he can get back to working on his craft.  I think he's got a lot left in the tank.  

Agreed. He is a strong presence on the team.

10 hours ago, AZ54 said:

details

1100741761083887616?s=21https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1100741761083887616?s=21

As part of Kyle Long’s restructured, Chicago created $2.9M in cap space, per source. Long agreed to drop his base salary to $2.5M with bonuses/incentives bringing his cap hit to $5.6M for 2019

That almost covers the cap hit from Parkey. 

Peace