Why is 3-4 DE being ignored?

jason

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

To be honest I do not think they think it is a weakness or it would be a priority . The draft will tell the story.

I think both Nichols and RRH have upside. If and only if a kid with more upside drops then sure.  The great thing is the need is minimal. We are debating a 3rd rd pick, which how may have made it for us? Pace will take BPA I believe over need.  I do think he goes DB and RB though bc they have fallen.

I think there is an ideological difference here.

Some people, and Jason I think has been consistent in this over the years, are position people. They identify the weakest link on the team, and want to target players to replace that position. Obviously, every team does some of this, and the worse the roster is, the more this is true.

Other people prefer a best player available approach. Of course you need to have a fairly comp[lete roster to do that. The Bears havent been that team before, but i think starting this year, they are.

Smart GMs like Pace fill holes with free agents before the draft so that they are flexible to take advantage of where value presents itself, regardless of position.

Naturally, every real world draft is a blend of these two ideas. But I think that now more than ever, the Bears are able to take BPA, and that is very good news indeed.

And BPS might BE a 3-4 DE. All I can predict is that Pace won't reach - in his own opinion anyway. I guess Im saying he doesnt HAVE to reach.