TalkBears Keeper League 2020

Stinger226

Here are the Keepers from last season, these players cannot be keepers for the 2020 season.

Last Year's Keepers:

Pepe        
7    Alshon Jeffery
9    Julian Edelman

El Dragon        
8    Matt Ryan

Run dem pockets        
5    Brandin Cooks
11    Tyler Lockett

The Bunny        
11    Kenny Golladay
12    Nick Chubb

The Mad Lithuanians        
10    Chicago
14    Greg Zuerlein

Nopper        
7    Robert Woods
12    Calvin Ridley

PapaBear        
8    Sony Michel
15    Aaron Jones

Cali Bears        
2    JuJu Smith-Schuster
8    Mitchell Trubisky

Screw Thielen!        
2    Tyreek Hill
14    Courtland Sutton

WORST CHAMPION EVER!        
10    Patrick Mahomes
13    James Conner

Here are the links for the final state of the 2019 season and the draft. A Keeper had to be drafted by you and on your final roster, so use these two links for reference:

Final State: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/819234/lastseason

2019 Draft results: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/2019/f1/442282/draftresults?drafttab=team

This is who has reported in so far:

Savagew/LooseMorals
Brad

Corona King
Adam

PapaBear
Kam

The Mad Lithuanians
Andrew

Victorious Secret
Duane

Pepe
Travis

Nopper
Bill

Run dem pockets
David

GM's who have not reported in yet:

The Bunny
Ary (Commish)
- has not been on TalkBears since October 24, 2019 
- has not been on League site since December 28, 2019

Cali Bears
Sully
- Unknown status

So we will have to come up with a consensus on GM replacements and a deadline to report in. Then get a call out for replacements, then set a day for the draft. 

I messaged Ary (The Bunny) who is our commish. It looks like he accepted the invite for this year because his icon was active. Sully (Cali Bears) has not. So we will need a deadline for bringing in new GMs and possibly switching Commissioners if Ary doesn't respond soon.

Right now, Week 1 starts on 10SEP, so I assume we want the draft the week prior, between 31AUG and 05SEP. 

That's 11 days away. So we have to move fast as I don't know how Yahoo handles Commish changes when the only Commish is not active. We also need to have 1, and potentially 2 GM's in the queue to be new GMs to keep it a 10-team league. 

So I am thinking we need to make the change a week prior, 24AUG, any objections? That gives the new Commish time to setup the pay site and get payments in.

I know the board is pretty dead right now, but are there any members that want to GM a team in our Keeper League?

On 8/18/2020 at 1:19 PM, killakrzydav said:

I’m down to play. When’s the draft? Is there a contingency for a shortened season?

I don't know how Yahoo is planning to handle that. I guess we could come up with something, like rolling over some of the money to next year, or just letting it roll as a shortened season with a champ. We could spread the payout to 4-5 teams vs only 3. That is something we will need to vote on.

• adam pinned and featured this topic
On 8/20/2020 at 8:17 AM, adam said:

I messaged Ary (The Bunny) who is our commish. It looks like he accepted the invite for this year because his icon was active. Sully (Cali Bears) has not. So we will need a deadline for bringing in new GMs and possibly switching Commissioners if Ary doesn't respond soon.

Right now, Week 1 starts on 10SEP, so I assume we want the draft the week prior, between 31AUG and 05SEP. 

That's 11 days away. So we have to move fast as I don't know how Yahoo handles Commish changes when the only Commish is not active. We also need to have 1, and potentially 2 GM's in the queue to be new GMs to keep it a 10-team league. 

So I am thinking we need to make the change a week prior, 24AUG, any objections? That gives the new Commish time to setup the pay site and get payments in.

I know the board is pretty dead right now, but are there any members that want to GM a team in our Keeper League?

Bill got in touch with Ary, he is playing, so unless Sully comes up here or on the league message board, we will be looking for a replacement GM next week. 

So if anybody running the show needs help with anything, I have the time after the 24th. For now I have a draft on labor day at 8pm online. Also a live draft Sept 2nd at 615pm  which is the one I would have a problem with for time. Otherwise, I can do any other time frame.

We are planning to conduct the online draft at 730pm (CT) on Thursday, September 3rd.

Mongo has stepped up to fill our one GM vacancy, and I am still waiting for some teams to post their Keepers. I want to lock those in by Wednesday so those wanting to set their draft orders have an updated list of available players (keepers removed).

So Keeper Deadline is 730pm on Wednesday, September 2nd.

Online draft is 730pm (CT) on Thursday, September 3rd.

$30 fee is due September 13th, I will have an email out for the LeagueSafe link once Mongo joins today.

Final State: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/819234/lastseason

2019 Draft results: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/2019/f1/442282/draftresults?drafttab=team

KEEPER STATUS

Valid Keepers

Savage with Loose Morals
M. Gordon (5th), D.Waller (14th)

Corona Kings
D. Henry (3rd)

MadLith
C. Kupp (5th), K. Hunt (13th)

Pepe
M. Sanders (3rd), A. Ekeler (5th)

Victorious Secret
D. Moore (5th), L. Jackson (10th)

Invalid Keepers

PapaBear
A. Jones (Keeper from last year), D. Samuel (was drafted by another team)

No Keepers Yet
The Bunny (Ary)
Run Dem Pockets (David)
Nopper (Bill)
New Team (Mongo) 

Here is an updated Keeper list, I still need valid keepers from MotM (Mongo), PapaBear, and our newest GM Nips&Tips. If any GM needs help with Keepers or the draft, I will see what I can do. 

Keepers so Far (w/ pick lost):

Corona Kings
D. Henry (3rd)

MadLith
C. Kupp (5th), K. Hunt (13th)

Savage with Loose Morals
M. Gordon (5th), D. Waller (14th)

Victorious Secret
D. Moore (5th), L. Jackson (10th)

The Bunny
C. Godwin (4th)

Nopper
A. Green (7th)

Run Dem Pockets
K. Drake (6th), A. Peterson (7th)

Invalid Keepers

PapaBear
A. Jones (Keeper from last year), D. Samuel (was drafted by another team)

No Keepers Yet

Nips&Tips
Possible Keepers:

2. (20) Zach Ertz - for a 1st
3. (21) Mike Evans - for a 2nd
5. (41) Miles Sanders - for a 4th
6. (60) Austin Ekeler - for a 5th
15. (141) Alexander Mattison - for a 14th

MotM (Mongo)

3.(28) Leonard Fournette - for a 2nd
4.(33) Mark Ingram II - for a 3rd
5.(48) Mike Williams - for a 4th
9.(88) Michael Gallup - for a 8th
10.(93) Los Angeles - for a 9th
12.(113) Jordan Howard - for an 11th
16.(153) Golden Tate - for a 15th

1 hour ago, sulster said:

This is Cali Bears, I didn't get the memo about the league

Sully, the league renewed on July 29th and an automated message was sent out that day. Brad posted in here and on Yahoo on August 14th. We did a roll call and you were the only one that didn't respond. I just took over as co-commish at the last second, so I didn't have access to your email address. So I made a post on here on the 23rd and we had to make a decision in order to get the league locked in with the draft scheduled for today. So we found two replacement GMs to fill the vacancies. 

So I apologize for not getting in contact with you but I had 3 days to find two new GMs, get the leaguesafe stuff done, lock in keepers and set the draft order.

• adam unpinned and unfeatured this topic