This is NOT a Knee Jerk Reaction...

Mongo3451

Here we go.  The defense has quit on Nagy and Pagano.  Multiple times last night I watched Fuller, Gipson, Jackson, Mack and Roquan easing up on plays.  They were dead all game.  Everyone saw it.  Pagano has the reputation of being a good guy coach, from Baltimore to Indy.  He was fired from Indy because he was so good to the players that needed a boot up their ass and didn't hold everyone accountable that he lost the team.  I witnessed it, as I live just outside of Indy.  Pagano is done here.  Again, I would seriously try to trade Jackson, Hicks, Mack and Fuller and rebuild. (What's the dead money for trading these guys?)

On to the offense where we thoroughly know that Trubisky is better than Foles.  The offense looked energized and crisp as it could behind our dumpster fire line.  Trubisky did look different.  Does he look like the answer, no.  But he did look like a different player with Lazor calling the plays.  I guess on the first pick, Nagy told Trubisky to take the shot.  The fumble was bad, but we shouldn't been bailed out by the 2 facemask penalties that weren't called.  The second INT was Foles-esque, in the sense that sometimes you get rattled from not having time.  Mistake, but fixable.  All told, Nagy's mismanagement of the offense and Trubisky gets him fired.  Good riddance to his ego and offensive guru status.

Lastly, I would make a statement today and fire Pace.  That shit show he has put out there to block is abysmal.  The sad fact about it is, is that OL played as good last night as it has with everyone healthy.

For next year, I would keep Whitehair, Daniels, Mustipher, Ifedi and Bars.  Everyone else can go.  We seriously need to take OT with our first two picks. (What's the dead money on Massie and Leno?)

Lastly, sign Trubisky to a 2 year deal and know we are going nowhere next year.  I'm willing to embrace the suck for a drastic change.

I dont know if Pace will be fired or not. Im 50/50 on that. If someone better is available, then I am all for it.

But the rest have to go NOW no matter what. if the decision is made already, and they are waiting for the season to be over, then so be it. But whoever makes the decision, Pace or the McCaskeys, if they don't already know that Nagy is gone after this year, then they don't deserve our attention.

Generally I'm not into the idea of rebuilding as that feeds into 'giving up' and that just seems like the easy way out.  What I saw last night tells me all I need to know and that being our D appears to have given up besides our offense looking like hot garbage. I was out of the room for a few plays and my wife told me on one of the Packer scores two Bears defenders (she said #23 and #38) just stopped and put their hands up as opposed to trying to tackle whoever it was going in for the score.  I saw enough on my own to think Nagy's lost the room.  If that is what has occurred; F#*K them!  If what Lucky put up is true (Nagy yelling at the team) then yeah, they're done.  F*#k the whole mess and rebuild. It's not like we've wasted our collective times as fans and in the last 20-30 years seen more rebuilds than playoff appearances.  We're pretty good at that.   

I will say this again, Pace and Nagy are like those guys who think they are the smartest guys in the room and they know better than everyone else, but are actually idiots who have no clue what they are doing, but too stupid to see it. 

A random simulator could've drafted better than Pace has since he arrived. Everyone praised him for Jackson, but look how he has played after he got paid, mediocre at best, not like a top 5 Safety. He has whiffed time and time again on QBs, and some other terrible free agents (Quinn, Sims, etc). 

Trubisky is gone, there is no way he signs back with this team after being "blind-sided" by the benching. Also, he is still a one-read QB. Those INTs into triple coverage show he is going with the pre-snap read regardless of the coverage.  He still even runs out of bounds of a sack instead of launching it into the stands for an incompletion. Every QB knows to do this except him apparently. 

I don't believe there is any dead money if you trade them as the new team takes on the entire contract, but I am sure some teams would want the Bears to retain some salary.

So much for player leadership, where was Danny T, Mack, Fuller, Jackson, Smith, all the leaders on the defense. How do you let that happen? That was one of the most embarrassing games I have seen in a long time. 

I think that any guaranteed money (signing bonus etc which is a good percentage of these high priced players' contracts) becomes due on the first teams cap in the year that the player is traded. Salary goes to the nes team, but these huge guarantees stay with the team that signed them.

35 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I think that any guaranteed money (signing bonus etc which is a good percentage of these high priced players' contracts) becomes due on the first teams cap in the year that the player is traded. Salary goes to the nes team, but these huge guarantees stay with the team that signed them.

That seems correct.  That's how wee got Foles so cheap.  Jacksonville ate his bonus.