Week 15 Playoff Eliminator Play-In Game, Bears at Vikings, Sunday, 12/20/2020, 12pm, FOX

adam

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Bertva said:

I want to see can the power the football into the end zone.

That TD was a great example of that.  Took awhile to get there ...

Maybe the change of pace back should be Nall instead?  He’s more the North / South style of runner they need.  Although Monty does too but he spends a lot of time zig zagging, in the elusive sense, not in a bad way. 

4 minutes ago, McGowan said:

.but it would be so Bears for Mitch to have figured it out just in time for him to go elsewhere and flourish. 

I’ll leave it to Adam to figure out a way to keep him.  He’s good at that stuff (lol).  I think Mitch is making a case to stick around if not as a backup.  Especially if the same regime returns next year.  

Just now, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I’ll leave it to Adam to figure out a way to keep him.  He’s good at that stuff.  I think Mitch is making a case to stick around if not as a backup.  Especially if the same regime returns next year.  

Oh man, they would have to do some crazy type of deal with a super low salary next year but a huge bonus (which is pro-rated over the contract).  The longer the deal, the easier it is fit it in.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Oh man, they would have to do some crazy type of deal with a super low salary next year but a huge bonus (which is pro-rated over the contract).  The longer the deal, the easier it is fit it in.

I think you explained this before but the Franchise or Transtion tag doesn’t work?  Still counts towards the cap regardless right?  And he’s not an RFA rather than an UFA if he’s left unsigned right?  

8 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I think you explained this before but the Franchise or Transtion tag doesn’t work?  Still counts towards the cap regardless right?  And he’s not an RFA rather than an UFA if he’s left unsigned right?  

The tags will be between $20-25M for QB. I don't think they can afford anything over $10-12 for him unless someone is gone that I am not expecting (Fuller or Jackson).

So the Bears have another halftime lead, 20-10 against Minnesota. The offense looks great, now we need to keep the pressure on and put this game away.

So far so good, Lazor's playcalling and the play of the overall offense has been very solid. On pace for 40 pts is pretty good. All of Minnesota's losses were when they allowed 26 or more. They are undefeated when holding opponents to 24 or less.  So the magic number is 27. That would require Minnesota to score 2 TDs and Bailey to kick a FG.  

The defense has to stay engaged, make tackles, and limit penalties. It is crazy that I am more worried about the defense than the offense. 

Just now, McGowan said:

And Minne marches right down the field and scores a TD. What else is new? 

And the Bears have to know they are running. You can't have only one guy in a gap with a lead FB, you need two defenders or it's 5-7 yards on every run.

The Bears need to respond with a TD or this could get ugly. 

11 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

So if MT plays well the rest of the season, do we bring him back? I think him and Nagy are on different pages and Nagy will lobby for a different QB to run his offense.

He is a free agent, and if he plays well, he is going to get a big contract. A team like Indy would make a lot of sense, they have a ton of cap space. Even if the Bears want him, I think he is gone.

On queue, Trubisky throws a pick in the end zone. We needed pts, and now a FG ties the game.