Bears @ Jaguars, Week 16 Trap Game, 12/27, SUN, 12:00pm, CBS, Bears -7.5

adam

After seeing the Jets beat the Rams, then the Bengals beat the Steelers, I really hope the Bears don't crap the bed on this one with so much on the line. 

This is the worst team the Bears will face this year, 31st in DVOA, 25th Offensive DVOA and 31st in Defensive DVOA, only the Jets are worse. 

If the Bears manhandled the Texans, this should be a blowout, however, Minshew is actually really solid for a QB on a 1-13 team. He has thrown 16 TDs to 5 INTs and Robinson is one of the best RBs in the league. However, after those two and Chark, they have a bunch of very average players.

The Jags defense is crazy bad, they have allowed 20 or more points in every game and 27 or more in all but two, and 8 games allowing 30+. The Bears have scored 30 in 3 straight.

On offense the Jags are decent and will score some points, they have scored 24 or more in 7 games and have lost 6 by one score or less. It will depend on which Bears defense shows up. The one that shutdown the Texans or the leaky defense that has allowed 27, 30, and 25 in the other 3 games after the bye.

I think the Bears pull this one out rather convincingly and setup for a potential playoff play-in game in Week 17 at home against GB.

Immediately following this game, everyone needs to root for a SF win in ARZ which would put the Bears into the 7th seed heading into Week 17. Then on SNF, the Titans play the Packers. A Packers win and they will clinch home-field advantage and a first-round bye, but a loss and Saints win against MIN will guarantee a playoff implications show-down in Week 17 for the Bears and Packers. 

Bears 31-17

I’m beginning to wonder if the Bears maybe don’t want to play on the playoffs.  

Mitchell being Mitchell towards the end of the game...  Roquan maybe out for who knows how long and...thank god for Cairo Santo.  Who knew a kicker MAY be what keeps us alive for a playoff spot.  Lol.  

1 minute ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

They miss Goldman, his return will help.  

This is a big key you’re right.  I also hear Mack has been playing hurt a lot this year. His career may be winding down and it looks like the last best performance of Quinn was last year.  Need to find a good young edge rusher.