Going forward

Uncle Buck

I thought there was some good efforts today, some players showed they are who we thought they are. I’m not disappointed backing into the playoffs but going forward something I think needs to change organizationally. We know GB is the standard bearer, so given that has Teddy, Pace & Nagy really closed the gap. I don’t think so , so why not change something. 

With Nagy back calling the plays again, I'm good with making wholesale changes. The man just continues to let his own ego get in the way of winning football. The playcalling today looked awfully similar to 2019 with all the shotgun formations and inside runs. 

Of course, since they made the playoffs, he's not going anywhere, and neither is Pace, which means we're stuck with this same group for at least another year. The question will be with which quarterback?

Trubisky showed again today why his ceiling is an average-to-below average NFL starter. He just makes too many dumb decisions with the football, and it seems to get even worse in the redzone. If you stop their run game and sit on all the short routes, Mitch Trubisky isn't a difficult quarterback to stop. I really don't care whether they bring him back now or not. The future Bears quarterback is not on their current roster.

At the very least, Chuck Pagano needs to be fired immediately after they are eliminated from the playoffs. What that man has done with the amount of talent he's had at his disposal is criminal. There is a big difference between a great DC and a bad one, and we are seeing that on full display now. He's turned Khalil Mack into a virtual nonfactor and oversaw Eddie Jackson's descent from All Pro to maybe not even a starting caliber safety. There's been a lot to talk about all year, but to me, the massive decline of the defense is the story of the Bears season. 

8 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

At the very least, Chuck Pagano needs to be fired immediately after they are eliminated from the playoffs. What that man has done with the amount of talent he's had at his disposal is criminal. There is a big difference between a great DC and a bad one, and we are seeing that on full display now. He's turned Khalil Mack into a virtual nonfactor and oversaw Eddie Jackson's descent from All Pro to maybe not even a starting caliber safety. There's been a lot to talk about all year, but to me, the massive decline of the defense is the story of the Bears season. 

If they do anything at all, it must be this.  Pagano has neutered this defense.  What about Gregg Williams or Wade Phillips?  Somebody with balls.

The broadcast had a stat on Mitch showing the difference between throws under ten yards and over 10. I’d say they lend themselves as to him being a average to below QB. At this point I don’t think he’s offered anything that says he’s the answer. As for Pagano, adios. One last thing; Nagy reminds me of the movie Waterboy and the other team has his playbook 

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

If they do anything at all, it must be this.  Pagano has neutered this defense.  What about Gregg Williams or Wade Phillips?  Somebody with balls.

Gee Mongo.  I value your opinion but, Greg Williams is an idiot, and kicked off almost every team he's been on.  Wade Phillips is older than I am and needs to be put out to pasture.   Might as well bring in one of the Ryan kids.  Oh wait, the're both fools also

Gotta be better DC's with balls better that those two or four.. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

One last thing; Nagy reminds me of the movie Waterboy and the other team has his playbook 

🤣😂🤣 I can see Nagy thinking he has figured out some genius play and trying out a water boy because the play is soooo good. 🙄🙄

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

When you condense the field to ten yards,  all defenses can look good.  Trubisky has shown that he can't go deep on an acceptable level.

Bingo. I called the late Trubisky INT 2-3 plays before it happened. It may have even been on the first play of the drive. As soon as they were behind and needed to stretch the field a bit, the INT was inevitable.