Tashaun Gipson Resigned

50england50

Tashaun Gipson is the free agent I was hoping to resign. I thought he played well last year considering Eddie Jackson lacklustre play. Another year of familiarity with the Bears and playing for a good contract I hope he plays great and gets rewarded by the Bears. 

I now feel that safety isn’t a need and Pace can draft best player available or trade up to get a QB prospect.

I hope it’s the former and my ideal scenario is trade back in the first to a desperate team and pick up another 2nd. I wouldn’t be against giving up next years first for a high 2nd and another pick or 2. I would love to come away with 2 OT’s, a developmental QB, a CB and TE with these picks made before the end of the third round.

3 hours ago, adam said:

Great move, fills a hole. He was very solid last year. We still should draft one, but this allows the team to pick one up later in the draft.

Priority #1- CB, OT, QB

Priority #2 - WR, ILB

Priority #3 - S

I would add DT.  Even at that, if things go perfectly we could draft BPA at all of those with the picks we have.  Just need luck.

38 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I think the new DC will have a better system of use for our Ss. A more aggressive approach than laying 10 yards off of the WRs at line of scrimmage.  I think the first 3 picks will be offense,  but at BPA concept it could be a CB 

If they cannot get one of the top QBs, I would prefer they trade down to gain a 2nd or 3rd.  Make it so next year they can go all in in the QB.