Bears sign agreement to purchase Arlington Park property

McGowan

Awesome news.  New stadium, better venue  (I love the history of Soldier Field), better turf and footing for players, and more revenue to help the team compete.  I hope they find a way to keep the ties to the past alive in the new stadium.  This will bring a Superbowl to Chicago.  

Soldier Field capacity: 61,500, smallest in the NFL. Largest holds 82,500, 20K less fans per game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_stadiums

It would be awesome to actually tailgate like other fans can at the stadium. For me, living in Alabama, I could get season tickets, fly in and out on Sunday much easier from O'Hare to the  stadium. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

It would be awesome to actually tailgate like other fans can at the stadium. For me, living in Alabama, I could get season tickets, fly in and out on Sunday much easier from O'Hare to the  stadium. 

And I would be happy to bring the tailgating stuff and have a blast meeting my Bearstalk brothers!

2 hours ago, adam said:

Soldier Field capacity: 61,500, smallest in the NFL. Largest holds 82,500, 20K less fans per game.

I thought Dallas could hold 100,000 people?? 

6 hours ago, adam said:

I always tailgated next to the stadium but that was a pricey addition.  I will miss the city/lakefront atmosphere since it is actually closer/faster for me to get there than Arlington, but hope this means a better experience and possibly retractable roof if they are smart. 

This has to happen. Soldier Field was outdated the moment it was finished. The Chicago Bears and their fans deserve a world-class facility. 

From a personal perspective, I could take the NW Metra line from Harvard right to the stadium. It would cut 30+ minutes on my commute. 

Make it so. 

Peace