Roquan Smith is a BAAAAD DUDE!

NAMEDSONPAYTON2

1 hour ago, NAMEDSONPAYTON2 said:

He might be my favorite Bear on the present team. He's a mad man that still does a lot, that is not really mentioned/observed. 

Agreed.  He’s been overlooked for Pro Bowl consideration at least last year.  It would be simple robbery if he’s not chosen this year.  

2 hours ago, adam said:

I was hoping for Quentin Nelson, but the Smith pick turned out awesome. He adds to the legacy of great Chicago Bears LBs. 

I wanted Nelson, then McGlinchy, but had no beef with Roquan.  I feel ILB are like RB and a decent one drafted later can become great with a right supporting cast.  But Roquan had the greatness protégé like Walter or Barry and those don't come around every year.

12 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

At the time, I wanted Tremaine Edmunds over Smith. Pace beat me on that one.

Me too mostly because I thought Edmunds would offer more as a pass rusher and we needed that help in a bad way pre-Mack of course.   In their careers Edmunds has 5.5 sacks and Smith 13 so I freely admit I was wrong.   Edmunds is on a team with lots of good defensive players around him, especially up front so no excuses there.

11 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Me too mostly because I thought Edmunds would offer more as a pass rusher and we needed that help in a bad way pre-Mack of course.   In their careers Edmunds has 5.5 sacks and Smith 13 so I freely admit I was wrong.   Edmunds is on a team with lots of good defensive players around him, especially up front so no excuses there.

yup me too