Don't be surprised

Connorbear

If Nagy is the coach the rest of the season. I agree with Wanny, who said last night you can fire Matt Nagy but what is your plan to replace him and who will be executing that plan.

Who is going to be hiring the next head coach? Do you want George and Ted to do that? Ryan Pace? Figure out the plan at the upper level management and then move forward. 

Peace

2 hours ago, Connorbear said:

If Nagy is the coach the rest of the season. I agree with Wanny, who said last night you can fire Matt Nagy but what is your plan to replace him and who will be executing that plan.

Who is going to be hiring the next head coach? Do you want George and Ted to do that? Ryan Pace? Figure out the plan at the upper level management and then move forward. 

Peace

Depends on what they do with Pace. If he is gone, then you are correct, not much you can do now unless you fire both, hire a new GM in a week and have him start interviewing coaches.

He will probably coach out the last 3 games. Just because it is the most Bears thing ever, he will probably win 1 more (NYG) and end up 5-12 so his regular season record ends up at 33-32 (still over .500) when he is fired. 

4 hours ago, Connorbear said:

The main thing I want is for a football man to report to the family.  Nothing changes until that changes.  If it's Ryan Pace with a new GM, I'm fine.  If it's a new president with page as GM, I'm fine.  As long as Pace has someone to "check him" on his reckless trading and free agent moves, I think he can be really good.  We simply can't go into cap hell with lesser quantity of picks again.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

The main thing I want is for a football man to report to the family.  Nothing changes until that changes.  If it's Ryan Pace with a new GM, I'm fine.  If it's a new president with page as GM, I'm fine.  As long as Pace has someone to "check him" on his reckless trading and free agent moves, I think he can be really good.  We simply can't go into cap hell with lesser quantity of picks again.

What is wild about Pace is he might've had the best draft of any GM this season. Obviously very early, but there is a chance that 5-6 players drafted this year are major contributors going forward: Fields, Jenkins, Borom, Herbert, Tonga, and even Graham.  That is a year removed from Kmet, Johnson, Gipson, and Mooney. So potentially half your major contributors are from the last two years of drafts. If he gets 3-4 more in 2022, that would be on par with what Seattle did.

Seattle from 2010-2011 got Okung, Thomas, Tate, Thurmond, and Chancellor in 2010, then followed that up with Carpenter, Wright, Sherman, Maxwell, and Smith in 2011. 10 major contributors in two years. Then in year #3, they got Irvin, Wagner, Wilson, and Sweezy. 14 players with a franchise QB. Since that 3rd draft (2012), they have been to the playoffs 8 out of 9 years, worst record was 9-7 (the year they didn't make the playoffs), won a Super Bowl and lost the following year (when they should've ran Beast Mode).

The Bears could have something that looks close to that after next year's draft with 4 more years of Fields on his rookie deal and the salary cap looking really good from 2023 on.

• 2 weeks later...