Red Flag?

ASHKUM BEAR

It has crossed my mind that one of the top players that could go to the Bears will come from the University of Georgia.  Does that concern anybody else since the Bears luck with players from there have not been the greatest.  I liked Roquan, but he made some odd decisions.  Floyd didn't really fit or flourish in any of our schemes. Wims and Ridley couldn't get on the field and when they did they liked throwing fists.  Now when I think of Jalen Carter, a flag pops up and I wonder if he will be another Georgia Bulldog disappointment.   If we trade down and Anderson is gone, I am starting to lean on moving down again.  

I don't know how much impact playing at a specific university has to do with the outcome of a player in the NFL solely based on the helmet he wore in college. However, scheme and level of talent around them seem like bigger factors.

There was a the thing about Ohio State WRs and this year had 2x 1000 yard rookies. 

The hardest thing for me is to determine how good a player is when the 10 others around him are also All-Stars. 

I still think about this play. Carter is strong, the LSU QB Daniels is 6'3", 200 lbs and Carter treated him like a Raggedy Ann doll lifting him up with one arm no less.

5 hours ago, lemonej said:

Two Georgia Bulldogs we drafted had a little success with is Kevin Butler and Wille McClendon. I dismiss anything that happened during the Nagy tenure for offensive players and Leonard Floyd seems to be doing okay in LA and obviously Roquan is liked in Baltimore.

That is 4 recent players that didn't get another contract from the Bears.  I'd like to extend all of our 1st round picks if we can and see a 4th rd WR contribute to consider extending. 

I am only pointing out the bad taste I have recently with Bulldogs.  I would have had the same taste if the Bears drafted QB Sam Howell from North Carolina as he was at one time the top rated QB prospect. If the Bears draft Carter, I would still like it because he is the top rated DT and fills a huge need.