My take on Poles draft.

Stinger226

Lots of threads speak about the draft. I thought I would stick predictions in one spot

I think Carter drops and that's our pick.

9)Jalen Carter/DT

53) Joe Tippmann/OC

61) Mathew Bergeron/OT

64) Derick Hall/edge

103) I think he trades this pick to NE ( could be any team. NE is always trading picks and has 3 in the 4 th round)

gets pick 107 and 117.

107) Chase Brown/RB

117) Riley Moss/CB

133) Karl Brooks/DT

136) Jake Witt) OL

148) Cameron Latu/ TE

218) Matt Landers) WR

258) Jose Ramirez/Edge

He's going to make some later day trades but to hard to guess when Poles . I used Bruglers draft for reference who might be there.

I used Brugler's draft as a reference as well but I traded back with Pittsburgh giving up 9 & 53 for picks 17, 32 and 80. * is where the pick matches Brugler. 

17) Darnell Wright, RT, Tennessee

32) Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State

61) Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa

64) Derick Hall, Edge, Auburn *

80) Zach Pickens, DT, South Carolina

103) Xavier Hutchinson, WR, Iowa State *

133) Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State *

136) Sydney Brown, S, Illinois

148) Kobie Turner, DT, Wake Forest *

218) Evan Hull, RB, Northwestern

258) Max Duggan, QB, TCU

Peace

The trade down situation is interesting - seems like most reports say teams have 15-18 players graded as first round picks. That’s also the range where the Bears are suspected to want to trade down to. Do they do that knowing the guy they get might not be graded as a first round pick on their board? 

1 hour ago, Connorbear said:

I used Brugler's draft as a reference as well but I traded back with Pittsburgh giving up 9 & 53 for picks 17, 32 and 80. * is where the pick matches Brugler. 

258) Max Duggan, QB, TCU

Peace

I'd be very happy with that draft.

As long as we get at least one DT, Edge, OC, OT, at the top of the draft, I'm a happy camper. I didn't know this before but Sydney Brown and Chase Brown are twins. 

1 hour ago, Connorbear said:

258) Max Duggan, QB, TCU

Like Your Take on the Draft. Would love to get that top pick in 2nd round back from Pittsburgh.

2 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

The trade down situation is interesting - seems like most reports say teams have 15-18 players graded as first round picks. That’s also the range where the Bears are suspected to want to trade down to. Do they do that knowing the guy they get might not be graded as a first round pick on their board? 

Every team in the league has a different board. What someone thinks a red player, may be blue on their board.

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Lots of threads speak about the draft. I thought I would stick predictions in one spot

I think Carter drops and that's our pick.

9)Jalen Carter/DT

53) Joe Tippmann/OC

61) Mathew Bergeron/OT

64) Derick Hall/edge

103) I think he trades this pick to NE ( could be any team. NE is always trading picks and has 3 in the 4 th round)

gets pick 107 and 117.

107) Chase Brown/RB

117) Riley Moss/CB

133) Karl Brooks/DT

136) Jake Witt) OL

148) Cameron Latu/ TE

218) Matt Landers) WR

258) Jose Ramirez/Edge

He's going to make some later day trades but to hard to guess when Poles . I used Bruglers draft for reference who might be there.

If they are trying to be better this year, why would they use their 2nd rd pick when they have 3 Centers already on the team. He is not going to give up on Kramer who he drafted and will give him every opportunity.  He is not using his assets on a position only 1 player can play.  It just doesn't make sense when Whitehair, Patrick, And Kramer are still here.  You can't draft a center now because Whitehair or Patrick might be gone next.  

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

If they are trying to be better this year, why would they use their 2nd rd pick when they have 3 Centers already on the team. He is not going to give up on Kramer who he drafted and will give him every opportunity.  He is not using his assets on a position only 1 player can play.  It just doesn't make sense when Whitehair, Patrick, And Kramer are still here.  You can't draft a center now because Whitehair or Patrick might be gone next.  

Arguably, an upgrade at OC will do more to upgrade the OL than the OT position. I've been using the argument that Poles already has players at a position, so why draft one ? Not sure he has trust in his options at OC, so adds a plus player at center. The WR  situation is different because the quality of the top 3 WRs. It's totally how he has his board laid out. 

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Arguably, an upgrade at OC will do more to upgrade the OL than the OT position. I've been using the argument that Poles already has players at a position, so why draft one ? Not sure he has trust in his options at OC, so adds a plus player at center. The WR  situation is different because the quality of the top 3 WRs. It's totally how he has his board laid out. 

I was giving you some crap. I agree about a stud Center can make a world of difference like Kelce or Humphrey.  I also agree with Mongo that if JSN is going to be a menace like Kupp or D Adam's, I can see that point or even B Robinson at RB.  The draft is about making this team the best and if done right, it will be a fun team to watch.  They can use upgrades at almost every position, so I am not afraid to draft a OT, WR, RB or C if that player comes in and plays elite and replaces a good player.  

The more I read about Bjan Robinson, the more I can buy into that pick. He probably will be the best player on the board at 9 , if we move back I think Philly takes him. Later in the teens, Darrell Wright comes into play but Lucas Van Ness should still be there to.

Actually let me say if Carter doesn't drop, I think we take him if he does.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

The more I read about Bjan Robinson, the more I can buy into that pick. He probably will be the best player on the board at 9 , if we move back I think Philly takes him. Later in the teens, Darrell Wright comes into play but Lucas Van Ness should still be there to.

Actually let me say if Carter doesn't drop, I think we take him if he does.

I've been watching the project interviews on GMFB and Bijan was on there.  Very likeable guy.  I have good service here, so I'll be able to tune into the draft.  Can't wait.  Hoping for 2 OL, 3 DL, RB, TE, CB, S and WR.  Mojito ramble...😂

8 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I've been watching the project interviews on GMFB and Bijan was on there.  Very likeable guy.  I have good service here, so I'll be able to tune into the draft.  Can't wait.  Hoping for 2 OL, 3 DL, RB, TE, CB, S and WR.  Mojito ramble...😂

Exactly ( positional picks)