Jordon love Era has begun

Stinger226

Packers get the Jets #13, a 2nd (#41), a 6th rounder (# 207), and a conditional 2024 3rd round pick that becomes a 1st if he plays 65% of the snaps (very likely).

Jets get Rodgers, pick #15, a 5th rounder (#170), and Rodgers massive contract.

So the Packers move up two spots in the 1st round, a high 2nd, a sixth, this year and a ‘24 1st (though this could likely be a late 1st).  They take a cap hit this year but are then free from Rodgers big contract.  The Jets move down two spots, give up some good draft capitol this year and next year for at best a 2 year rental.  Then they’ll be a QB needy team again.  They are going to have to go all in during this 2 year window.  Short term this trade helps the Jets, but long term it helps the Packers. 

All this talk about how the jets are serious contenders now kind of make a me chuckle a little as the are swinging for the fences on a QB who’s choked in the playoffs more than he’s come through.  

38 minutes ago, BearFan2000 said:

All this talk about how the jets are serious contenders now kind of make a me chuckle a little as the are swinging for the fences on a QB who’s choked in the playoffs more than he’s come through.  

LOL so true

1 hour ago, BearFan2000 said:

I agree.  The fans who were owned by Rodgers were the ones in Green Bay not Chicago.  No MVP in professional sports has been more of a tease and a playoff failure than Rodgers.  With all that, the best he could do for his fans was to beat Chicago, a team without a good QB, consistently.   Then in the end he just got on his high horse and walked right out of town.  He now goes to the Jets in hopes of doing what Brady did and proving he was the talent not the team.   In the words of the late great motivational speaker Matt Foley.... 

He apparently needs someone to hold his hand now with Cobb at 32yr old coming off another poor season.  It didn't work with the Packers but let me take my boys over to NYJ and it will all be better.   Lazard and Cobb are not HoF players like Gronk with Brady. 

Rodgers had issues "improvising" outside the called plays at GB and I'm not talking about when a play breaks down.  His OC is the failed Nathaniel Hackett from DEN/GB who looked like he was way in over his head calling plays last year.  Worse there was nothing that showed he was providing leadership to the team.   How much Rodgers will be listening to him or will Hackett just be doing what Rodgers wants?  If the issue was the offense that was run in GB why are they bringing in Hackett for Rodgers?   It certainly feels like Rodgers is going to run the offense and Hackett is just a "yes" man.  

All this catering to Rodgers ego could blow up in spectacular fashion if they stumble.  

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-sign-randall-cobb-one-year-deal-reunite-former-packers-wr-aaron-rodgers 

15 hours ago, AZ54 said:

He apparently needs someone to hold his hand now with Cobb at 32yr old coming off another poor season.  It didn't work with the Packers but let me take my boys over to NYJ and it will all be better.   Lazard and Cobb are not HoF players like Gronk with Brady. 

Rodgers had issues "improvising" outside the called plays at GB and I'm not talking about when a play breaks down.  His OC is the failed Nathaniel Hackett from DEN/GB who looked like he was way in over his head calling plays last year.  Worse there was nothing that showed he was providing leadership to the team.   How much Rodgers will be listening to him or will Hackett just be doing what Rodgers wants?  If the issue was the offense that was run in GB why are they bringing in Hackett for Rodgers?   It certainly feels like Rodgers is going to run the offense and Hackett is just a "yes" man.  

All this catering to Rodgers ego could blow up in spectacular fashion if they stumble.  

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-sign-randall-cobb-one-year-deal-reunite-former-packers-wr-aaron-rodgers 

Definitely going to be interesting to see how it works out He's still a talented player but his skills have eroded. A good coach might be able to make things work but not solely on Rodgers being the star. Bringing in Cobb and Lazard is just giving you 2022 Packers garbage 2.0

Rodgers couldn't win in GB, in the NFC, which has been weaker for several years. Now he has to face BUF, MIA, and NE for 6 games, and will have to get thru BUF, CIN, KC, LAC, BAL, MIA, JAX, and PIT in the AFC playoffs. Good luck.

GB is going to be interesting. There is a lot of pressure on Love. GB actually drafted some skill position players early, but drafted 2 TEs in the first 3 rounds? Bold strategy Cotton! 

Comparing the Bears and Packer skill position players, outside of the RB room, which may be closer depending on how Johnson looks, the Bears seem to have the edge in every position group.

Skill Position Players:

Fields | Herbert, Johnson (R), Foreman | Moore, Mooney, Claypool, Scott (R), Jones | Kmet, Tonyan

Love | Jones, Dillon | Watson, Reed (R), Doubs, Wicks (R) | Musgrave (R), Kraft (R)

Historically its hard  to find rookie TEs that contribute high end production. Only a handful in the last 10 years. Their WR room has an upside to it but it's going to take some time for all the young players to jell with Love if he ends up being any good. The thing Rodgers did was extend his throwing time by good pocket awareness. Don't know if Love has that.

Watson is the only potential number 1 in the group and he has a long way to go. Last year they were 21st in the league in rushing, nothing special. The only two quality OL is Jenkins and Barkihari, he's injured all the time.

The Packers are on the decline unless Love ends up being good.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked at several videos of Love. Good size and arm strength but doesn't look special. As long as he has good support players, he will be above average. If coaches rely on Jordon to create big plays, they will be disappointed. The fact he has all young players in the WR room, I expect a mediocre season. He can move but not fast or A good runner. They will rely on a running game, but if they can't produce, it will be hard for Love to carry them.

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Looked at several videos of Love. Good size and arm strength but doesn't look special. As long as he has good support players, he will be above average. If coaches rely on Jordon to create big plays, they will be disappointed. The fact he has all young players in the WR room, I expect a mediocre season. He can move but not fast or A good runner. They will rely on a running game, but if they can't produce, it will be hard for Love to carry them.

All I know is that he's so good after all these years they refused to give him a long term deal.  

I just hope the Panthers lose more games next year than the Packers do.

Even if we have to draft Caleb Williams and trade him, I do NOT want to see the packers get another 15 year all pro first ballot HOF QB. They NEED to suffer like the everyone else for a generation.

Of course if we should be so lucky as to have the #1 pick, we will trade out of it like we did this year, to someone who would draft Williams ahead of the Pack.

But no matter what I dont want the Packers to lose more than 11 games this season. 7-10 would be great.

On 5/15/2023 at 8:02 AM, Stinger226 said:

I think the Packers will have a good running game and a good defense but doenst have enough fire power to be a winning team. Not bad enough to hit bottom 5 in the league. 

How great would it be if we got a top 5 pick in the draft.

It seems like GB is about to hit the NFL purgatory, not good enough for the playoffs and not bad enough for a top 10 pick. They had 3 straight seasons with 13 wins where Rodgers won the league MVP twice before dropping to 8-9 with Rodgers. Now Love is supposed to come in at play at that level in his first full year as starter?

After Watson, the top WRs and TEs are Doubs and Deguara? Double, bracket, or shade Watson and stop the run, the Packers will go nowhere.

Their starting D-Line (3 players) combined for 5.5 sacks last year. Their 2 leading OLBs? 8.5 and 6.0. Not that scary. They didn't resign Amos (shocking), but he still may resign. If he doesn't, their secondary will be worse than last year. 

So an 8 win team with a unproven QB, lost a HoFer at QB and at least one quality starter on defense. It seems like 8 wins would be a huge success for the Packers. I figure 7 wins is probably the target.

This feels like a year where all the teams will be within 2-3 wins of each other 10-7, 9-8, 8-9, 7-10, or something like that.