TalkBears Keeper FFB League 2023 is live

adam

On 9/5/2023 at 9:00 AM, Stinger226 said:

Hey Adam, my friend, Mike got in a motorcycle accident yesterday , he's in no shape to do anything with his team. To make things simple, I could just take over his team ( since I paid for it), or if you have a better idea let me know. You could put it to vote or  just not allow trades between those 2 teams? When I play myself, I just have to play the best player available at the time of game?

Oh damn, is he ok? I just had two friends get in some bad bike accidents lately. Too many idiot drivers on the roads. Not safe anymore.

You can play both teams, no issues. Trades are fine as they are voted on. If it is a legit trade, I have no issues with it. That is not fair to limit things just because of the situation. Just play the players you would play for both teams, make the waiver wire pickups as needed, etc. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, adam said:

Oh damn, is he ok? I just had two friends get in some bad bike accidents lately. Too many idiot drivers on the roads. Not safe anymore.

You can play both teams, no issues. Trades are fine as they are voted on. If it is a legit trade, I have no issues with it. That is not fair to limit things just because of the situation. Just play the players you would play for both teams, make the waiver wire pickups as needed, etc. 

So do you need to set something so I can access his account? He's broker ribs, c5 in  neck , and rode rash, he'll be okay but probably 10 days in the hospital before he comes home. When I broke my c1 and c2 they just put in hospital and operated so I didn't get parallelized.  

24 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

So do you need to set something so I can access his account? He's broker ribs, c5 in  neck , and rode rash, he'll be okay but probably 10 days in the hospital before he comes home. When I broke my c1 and c2 they just put in hospital and operated so I didn't get parallelized.  

I just sent you the invite, so you can take control, change the name, make roster adjustments. If he wants to take back over later (since he will be laid up for a bit), I can always transfer back to him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This season has flown by, we are already into our final regular season week this weekend (first game on Thursday night). 

Right now there are 3 teams that clinched a playoff spot and 4 others vying for the remaining 3 slots. Both the first two teams have enough wins to ensure they both get a bye, the only jockeying would be for the seeding. The next 4 teams can finish as high as 3rd and as low as 6th.

The Bunny is still mathematically eligible, but it seems like the only realistic shot would be for them to win and for PapaBear to lose and The Bunny's PF is 107 pts more than PapaBear's this week. If that is not achieved, The Bunny is eliminated. There has been a two-team PF difference of 107 or more two times this year, (Week 5 and Week 13), so it is possible. 

2023 TB Keepers Playoff Picture

1. SAVAGEw/LOOSEMORALS! 9-4 vs Nopper 4-9
2. Nips&Tips 9-4 vs MotM 8-5
-------------------------------------------
3. MotM 8-5 vs Nips&Tips 9-4
4. Comfortably Dumb 7-6 vs The Mad Lithuanians 5-8
5. Fields of Dreams 7-6 vs The Bunny 6-7
6. PapaBear 7-6 vs Victorious Secret 3-10
--------------------------------------------
7. The Bunny 6-7 vs Fields of Dreams  7-6

Potential Outcomes
1. SAVAGEw/LOOSEMORALS!- 1 or 2
2. Nips&Tips- 1 or 2
3. MotM- 3-6
4. Comfortably Dumb- 3-6
5. Fields of Dreams- 3-6
6. PapaBear- 3-6
7. The Bunny- 6

• 4 weeks later...

Final Standings (Payouts) and 2024 Draft Order:

1. Fields of Dreams ($440) - 10th pick (Adam)
2. Comfortably Dumb ($200) - 9th pick (Duane)
3. Savagew/LooseMorals! ($75) - 8th pick (Brad)
4. Nips&Tips ($35) - 7th pick (Jason)
5. Motm - 6th pick
6. PapaBear - 5th pick
7. The Bunny - 1st pick Consolation Round Winner
8. Victorious Secret - 2nd pick
9. Nopper - 3rd pick
10. The Mad Lithuanians - 4th pick (new GM needed)

We are losing Andrew and have an opening for a new GM to take his team, currently drafting 4th next season.

Payouts go out via Leaguesafe once the league closes on Yahoo on Jan 2nd. The payouts will be on hold until 5 GMs vote YES to the payouts or Jan 8th, whichever comes first.

2 hours ago, adam said:

Final Standings (Payouts) and 2024 Draft Order:

1. Fields of Dreams ($440) - 10th pick (Adam)
2. Comfortably Dumb ($200) - 9th pick (Duane)
3. Savagew/LooseMorals! ($75) - 8th pick (Brad)
4. Nips&Tips ($35) - 7th pick (Jason)
5. Motm - 6th pick
6. PapaBear - 5th pick
7. The Bunny - 1st pick Consolation Round Winner
8. Victorious Secret - 2nd pick
9. Nopper - 3rd pick
10. The Mad Lithuanians - 4th pick (new GM needed)

We are losing Andrew and have an opening for a new GM to take his team, currently drafting 4th next season.

Payouts go out via Leaguesafe once the league closes on Yahoo on Jan 2nd. The payouts will be on hold until 5 GMs vote YES to the payouts or Jan 8th, whichever comes first.

I'll get my friend to take his team back.  He broke his neck and was in the hospital for 3 weeks and I just paid for it and played it to make everything easier. 

On 1/1/2024 at 3:29 PM, Mongo3451 said:

I'm going to bow out.  

Hey man, I bowed out first!  ;)  I've loved the league, but I'm not finding the time and love of the fantasy element these days.  It was fun and everyone involved made it good!  But, I'm ready to move on. 

On 1/1/2024 at 5:29 PM, Mongo3451 said:

I'm going to bow out.  

6 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

Hey man, I bowed out first!  ;)  I've loved the league, but I'm not finding the time and love of the fantasy element these days.  It was fun and everyone involved made it good!  But, I'm ready to move on. 

Both of you guys are part of the OG crew, so it tough to see you go, but I understand. When it feels like work and it is no longer fun, I totally understand. I have actually used it as a way to cope with having such a bad team for so long. 

MadLith has been snakebit the last two years, I believe having the most points against 2 years in a row. That sucks and is really frustrating.

13 minutes ago, adam said:

Both of you guys are part of the OG crew, so it tough to see you go, but I understand. When it feels like work and it is no longer fun, I totally understand. I have actually used it as a way to cope with having such a bad team for so long. 

MadLith has been snakebit the last two years, I believe having the most points against 2 years in a row. That sucks and is really frustrating.

I may change my mind this summer.  I'm just not fond of the Yahoo app.  The layout screws with my OCD.  Love the ESPN app. It's so much cleaner.

16 minutes ago, adam said:

The bad luck did weigh on the scale!  :P  But, it's just the entirety of it all.  Thank you again!

8 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I may change my mind this summer.  I'm just not fond of the Yahoo app.  The layout screws with my OCD.  Love the ESPN app. It's so much cleaner.

Your team is yours until you say otherwise. I have never used the ESPN app. We can do a vote and see if others are willing to switch. I have no preference and have no issues switching if you believe it is a better experience.

8 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

The bad luck did weigh on the scale!  :P  But, it's just the entirety of it all.  Thank you again!

I know and I hate that it feels like work and it caused stress. That is the last thing we want out of this.

I'm probably the biggest loser over the last few years, and it doesn't stress me at all. I try to think I'm smart but it's probably more about luck than  football IQ. Injuries usually always derails my teams, but I like trying to be competitive and play GM, not sure I will ever grow out of that. We do it on here all the time.

10 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I'm probably the biggest loser over the last few years, and it doesn't stress me at all. I try to think I'm smart but it's probably more about luck than  football IQ. Injuries usually always derails my teams, but I like trying to be competitive and play GM, not sure I will ever grow out of that. We do it on here all the time.

It's really a crapshoot. This season I tried to draft so my bye weeks were as strong as possible, and by the time those weeks came up, I had already waived half my team lol. The biggest thing I have seen recently is hitting on the unknown player on waivers that basically gives you an extra starter. This season, I hit on Puka Nacua.