Bobby Petrino resigns

DrunkBomber

Dang, that is a short time at Atlanta. It just goes to show that the biggest mistake you can make is giving ridiculous money to a college coach that has proven nothing in the NFL.

This is a great hire for Arkansas though. They seemed to go after all the big names and failed, than after getting a lot of heat in the media, they end up pulling a horse-shoe out of there butts and get an even better candidate.

I can't say this is a major loss for the Falcons cause I think there are probably better guys to hire than Petrino anyway and those guys will cost much less money. The Falcons are in pretty terrible shape though.

Matt Schaubb must be laughing and laughing and laughing

It is funny what can happen in a year. Last year the Bears were favorites to go back to the Super Bowl (now they aren't going to make the playoffs) and the Falcons were just an improved Mike Vick away from being a major contender all while the Texans were continuous bottom feeders.

Now the Texans are the only team (albeit their hope isn't much better than the Bears) with a shot at the playoffs and they've done all that with about a zillion guys on IR.

I like Petrino and don't think this season was his fault, and I think it was the right move to resign... Atlanta's hosed.

Atlanta is no more f***ed than any other team that needs a multi-year rebuilding process. They need to dump everyone they can to open up cap room, bring in someone with the expectation of sucking for 3-4 years while slowly rebuilding, draft well, and let a system grow in place. Someone who didn't have a good shot or someone who's been in the line for a head coaching job for a while, some NFL assistant, would probably work well. Maybe Rivera if they found a good O-Coordinator, or they could just do what everyone else does and hire New England's current O-Coordinator. They need to move on, dump, lose for a couple years, and rebuild. No way around it.

The talk is he had talks with Michigan last Friday. Supposedly to try and help them hire another coach. He did sign an extension and I don't think Michigan can match the money. But after that whole Saban crap went down, I'm not counting my chickens until the big blue hire someone that isn't miles..

The talk is he had talks with Michigan last Friday. Supposedly to try and help them hire another coach. He did sign an extension and I don't think Michigan can match the money. But after that whole Saban crap went down, I'm not counting my chickens until the big blue hire someone that isn't miles..

True...but than again is anyone quite like Saban? I think it would be hillarious if Miles ended up going to Michigan and somehow Saban left Bama to come back to LSU (not that it will happen, I just think it would be funny).

College coaches suck in the NFL. Plain and simple. I'm not surprised he resigned to go to Arkansas.

'm not surprised either, but the way he did it proved that he has no class. He left without even letting his players know. He called a meeting with his assistants, said I quit to go to Arkansas, then walked out...the guy is a d-bag. I can understand wanting to leave, but at least be a man about it and tell your players first.

The Michael Vick shockwaves continue to reverberate. One guy has just completely blown up an NFL franchise with his stupidity.

Franchises are bigger than one person. The sooner the Falcons realize that, the better they'll be. They have to admit that they have no shot to win now, and build for a few years down the road.

Well we know Atlanta is looking for a great offensive mind. I think maybe it might be a good idea to fax them a copy of Ron Turners resume. He might be just what they need.

LOL He might get stuck with the George O'Leary complex if we do that, because the only way he even gets another interview is if we lie heavily on the resume.