Bigger Underachievers?

adam

Looking around the league, there are some bad teams out there, and the Bears are not the only ones underachieving. Did anyone see the Giants last night?

The Bears are 0-4, should be at least 1-3, but probably projected to be 2-2 at this point. Obviously we have watched this team lose in every conceivable way. 

Bengals are 1-3 and just lost to the Titans 24-3. Burrow looks like a shell of his former self. Chase has 0 TDs. Just very odd considering they still have Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon as their top skill players. 

Patriots are 1-3 and their only win was a 15-10 barn burner against a Wilson-led Jets team. Mac Jones had looked like crap, their leading receiver is Hunter Henry and their RBBC with Stevenson and Elliott doesn't seem to be working. People almost forget they have Gesicki, JuJu, and DeVante Parker as those guys are targeted only a few times per game.

Giants are 1-3 and have looked like the worst team in the league being outscored 94-15 in 3 losses and their only win was a 3-pt win against ARZ. They started the season going 6 quarters without a TD, and now have went 5 more quarters without one. Jones was sacked 10 times on MNF.

Vikings are 1-3 and even though people expected them to come back down to earth after exceeding expectations last year, I don't think they expected them to be 1-3 and their only win against a winless Panthers team. 

For me, the two biggest surprises are the Bengals and Giants. I did not expect them both to look this bad and be that close to 0-4. 

13 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

We’re not even 12mo out from the final roster tear down piece when Quinn left last year.  I don’t see a good team but I definitely see good players on our team this year.  I’ll be patient.  

for sure the trend is upward, but until it all comes together, the product looks terrible even when there really has been significant roster improvement. Lots of room for optimism.

We really do need a new coach though.

The deadline this year is going to be interesting. Do the Bears consider moving Mooney, Johnson, Jackson, Whitehair, Jones, or any other vet signed for more than a year?

For Mooney and Johnson, do they really want to sign back with this team after the last two years? Buffalo just lost their starting CB White, maybe they get desperate for CB help and fork over a higher pick for Johnson. What is he worth right now as a rental? A 4th or 5th?

I would rather extend them but who knows what the plan is.

16 minutes ago, adam said:

The deadline this year is going to be interesting. Do the Bears consider moving Mooney, Johnson, Jackson, Whitehair, Jones, or any other vet signed for more than a year?

For Mooney and Johnson, do they really want to sign back with this team after the last two years? Buffalo just lost their starting CB White, maybe they get desperate for CB help and fork over a higher pick for Johnson. What is he worth right now as a rental? A 4th or 5th?

Mooney comes down to Scott's development and maybe Velus too. 

16 hours ago, adam said:

With the Claypool disaster, I think that makes Mooney more valued and because of his rapport with Justin, I think he gets an extension by midseason providing the offense as a whole keeps getting better.