Bears redo 2024

Stinger226

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I would need more, but traded #1 overall to Raiders for pick 3,  pick 73,  future 1st and 2nd. 

Bringing in a top WR to pair with DJ, stud LT and C, then doubling up on DE and DT again.  Also ensuring we have another deep draft in 2025.

Screenshot_20231007_093615_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 top 100 players would be huge for rebuilding.+ Harrison to boot.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, killakrzydav said:

Why another RB if it's not a utility knife type? Wasted pick. Not a great haul for number 1 overall. The conversation starts with 3-1st rounders

That is all the website offered for the draft trade.  I stated I would need more. 

Blake Corum RB was one of the top RB all last year until he injured a knee.  He is playing well this year and fits the Bears run scheme.  Foreman is gone after this year, so the Bears could be eyeing another RB to have ready to take the #2 spot once Herbert leaves after 2024.  The could go more gadget as you mention. 

On 10/9/2023 at 9:47 PM, Mongo3451 said:

I couldn't edit the above post, but it shows what the draft could look like if we trade the top two picks.  That's only on the assumption of Fields progressing in a manner that leadership feels we can build upon.

If Fields plays more like the last two games, it will make the offseason decision interesting for sure.

A.) You can acquire 2 years or more of additional 1st and 2nd round picks to build with

B.) You can draft Caleb Williams who we can maybe compare to Joe Burrow for an idea.  Career stats below. 

I also did a trade down mock because those are fun. Trade 1 for 4, 38, 69 and 2025 1 and 2.  Trade 4 to Arz for 7 and 10, and 2025 2nd. I would think a 2026 1st would also be part of it, but the site doesn't go that far. 

2 -Marvin Harrison Jr WR-big target  paired with Moore. Fields won't miss like he does with Mooney

7- Olu Fashanu LT - OT will be set for many years

10- Brock Bowers TE- DE is a huge need, but building a dream team O

38- JerZhan Newton DT- Flus gets a disruptive pass rusher at the key 3T

39- Sedrick Van Pran C - long term solution to make the Oline great.

68 JT Tuimolua DE

70 Jack Sawyer DE -back to back OSU DEs 

101- Bucky Irving- explosive change of pace RB that will dice Defenses that play 2 deep Safeties. 

Screenshot_20231011_201111_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231011_204414_Samsung Internet.jpg

28 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

If Fields plays more like the last two games, it will make the offseason decision interesting for sure.

Imagine the weird scenario where Fields begins to look like the real deal, then gets injured in week 8.  Tyson Bagent comes in and does a Brock Purdy.  Now, we have the future and can trade Fields for a first or second rounder before the draft.  The scenarios are endless.  It is a pipe dream to think we could get Harrison and Bowers in next year's draft.  To be honest, I don't know who is be more thrilled with, as they are both generational talents.  This year is so interesting for many reasons.  The arrow is up!

I think if you have the number one pick, you have to seriously consider drafting Caleb Williams, no matter how JF does. If JF has been balling out, then that's just MORE top draft picks or impact players for us in trading Fields.

I said earlier that id try to consider a scenario where we'd keep Fields even if we had the first overall pick. it's hard to do, because even if Fields balls out, Williams is generational, and you can get picks for JF.

Whatever happens, Fields playing better is good for us, especially when our most likely shot to the #1 pick is Carolina's pick.

I'll also say that with a new coaching staff, or specifically a new OC, their opinion about Fields and Williams is gonna go a long way toward that decision.

Watching #21 ranked ND embarrass #10 ranked USC tonight was my first chance to watch Caleb Williams.

Everyone is saying he is a generational prospect. He might be. However, from tonight's performance, I wasn't impressed.

ND already lost to two ranked teams this year. I'm a big ND fan. They have been paper tigers the last two years against quality teams.

This year ND lost to Ohio State, Lost to Louisville, Yet tonight: ND 48 USC 20

Caleb Williams 23-37 199 YDS 1 TD 3 INT, and to be honest, as bad as those stats are, it makes him look better than he actually played.

3 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Watching #21 ranked ND embarrass #10 ranked USC tonight was my first chance to watch Caleb Williams.

Everyone is saying he is a generational prospect. He might be. However, from tonight's performance, I wasn't impressed.

ND already lost to two ranked teams this year. I'm a big ND fan. They have been paper tigers the last two years against quality teams.

Caleb Williams 23-37 199 YDS 1 TD 3 INT, and to be honest, as bad as those stats are, it makes him look better than he actually played.

Agreed. When things got complicated, he broke down.  I will look at what he does from here on out.  Resilience is very important to developing young QB's.  If he has it, it will show.

53 minutes ago, Pixote said:

ND brought it and took it today.  I am a huge Domer too.  This was the first game I got to watch this generational player and thought he has some aspects but didn't win on this stage.  He has a handful more games against top teams so he can rebound but I am not sold just yet.

He may have been thought to be generational, but today he generated a turd LOL

Seriously, he may end up to be excellent, but he has the same questions that Justin had - usually has too much protection, receivers wide open etc.

I guess we have to watch a bunch more football :)

13 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

He may have been thought to be generational, but today he generated a turd LOL

Seriously, he may end up to be excellent, but he has the same questions that Justin had - usually has too much protection, receivers wide open etc.

I guess we have to watch a bunch more football :)

I love Caleb's traits, he runs a great team with his leadership.  Fields finally has a surrounding to do the same.  If Fields continues to what he has this past 2 games, then I hope they commit to him.  They will wait until after the draft to build suspense, but I see an extension.

On 10/15/2023 at 2:54 AM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I love Caleb's traits, he runs a great team with his leadership.  Fields finally has a surrounding to do the same.  If Fields continues to what he has this past 2 games, then I hope they commit to him.  They will wait until after the draft to build suspense, but I see an extension.

I'm just curious how the team would react if Fields plays OK but doesn't ball out when he plays again. He is clearly a leader and has relationships with players that are going to still be here. Then Poles gets rid of him and drafts another QB?

10 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I'm just curious how the team would react if Fields plays OK but doesn't ball out when he plays again. He is clearly a leader and has relationships with players that are going to still be here. Then Poles gets rid of him and drafts another QB?

There are leaders and winners.  I don't want players that don't understand the difference.  Winners will rejoice and followers will bitch and moan.  If that beats the snakes out of the weeds, I'm good...

2 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

There are leaders and winners.  I don't want players that don't understand the difference.  Winners will rejoice and followers will bitch and moan.  If that beats the snakes out of the weeds, I'm good...

I'm sure despite all the right things said to reporters, there are players that are frustrated with Fields' play and want to win games.

I don't see this like when Lovie left and Trestman came in and some players we're mutinous because they were still Lovies guys. Lovie had won with them, and taken them to a super bowl.

We've won one game in a year. Im sure the players would love new coaches and players who can win games.

The question is can we find those people and make them Bears?

When we assess this year we have to consider injuries have affected our win total. DBs are coming back and the defense is starting to play better. The OL has been a mess due to injuries. Jones has been out, Jenkins just came back, and Davis starts playing well , injured. Whitehair had to play guard and  goes back to OC  , with issues. His problem was his injured hand and not sure that isnt still effecting his snaps. The original starting 5 looks like that would have been good but hard to go 8-9 deep in the OL with good depth in a second year of a rebuild. Hard to correct that problem in season. The only way to compensate is with play calling and we can see that's not helping. Injuries are part of football but we need at least one more year to build the roster. We have a great cap space and 2 1st round picks to correct that. If Jones doesnt come back , we have to draft a OT, probably a QB. That eliminates an edge rusher and Harrison as choices in the first round. Maybe Poles can do magic 2 years in a row and gets us extra picks for one of those high picks.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Next year if you cut Whitehair pre June and Jackson post June 1, it cost you 8 mil in dead cap but saves you 24.5 mil in cap space .Both have tapered off and we already have 111 mil.

If the draft had dropped a little differently, Whitehair would have been cut this year - I agree there is no way he is on the team next year.