My mock draft addiction

killakrzydav

All three round mocks. I never trade away firsts. Typically, I accept the best offer provided by the CPU.  My Goal is in the three rounds is to have a total of 13 players and picks combined in the upcoming 2025 draft. Must have one premium player at a premium position. Ideally, will have 8-9 new faces and a 1st and a few seconds or thirds.

I often double up on DE's before the Sweat deal. I still think we need two more. I also get a 3T and a nose tackle since they often fall into the third round.  For Clarification, If I choose a right tackle it is to play him at Guard. Left tackles get to fight Braxton for a job.  I often get stuck with the second best center of the class from WV.  We need a center bad and should hop on Georgias.

My target is MHJ. I love Bowers too.  I'm not sure on either of the top two qbs tbh. I do know we need a qb but I rather weaponize JF than start over. I also kick the can down the road on qb some in the earlier drafts. Once JF went down there not much choice but to look for competition. I do want JF to succeed but Im not sure if he can here. It could be us but or both but I think its him.

10 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

My target is MHJ. I love Bowers too.  I'm not sure on either of the top two qbs tbh. I do know we need a qb but I rather weaponize JF than start over. I also kick the can down the road on qb some in the earlier drafts. Once JF went down there not much choice but to look for competition. I do want JF to succeed but Im not sure if he can here. It could be us but or both but I think its him.

We have the rest of the season to figure out if JF1 stays or we draft one.  I dont agree with everything Poles does but think he should get next year to see what he is building. He has did well with getting us a good cap space and draft picks, I want see how it turs out. Just to early rihjt now to see his long game.

I think I like this latest one best. I mean getting Williams at 13 or whatever is cool, but will never happen.

Also, I just want to say youre a draft animal, and keep the opinions coming. All you need now is a helmet haircut and you can beat Mel Kiper at his own game! :)

I'll be listening to what you say about 3rd rounders etc more closely because of all the time youve put in. Thanks!

I'm dizzy after that long scroll.   I have a couple thoughts...

If we are drafting a QB in the 1st, then we're trading Fields and that should garner a 2nd Rd pick.  I haven't decided which of the top QBs I like best but I've seen enough of Shedeur Sanders to know there is no reason to draft him.  At best he's a backup QB, more likely he's a practice squad QB.  We've got Bagent in the #2 role and I think he's got more talent than Sanders but at a minimum he's equal so why waste a draft pick?   I feel the same way about Penix.   Actually I think he's worse than Sanders because Sanders seems to read the field much better.  McCarthy has never impressed me in a game but I haven't watched him this year.  

I saw Dorlus play last week and he impressed me.  I'll try to catch more Oregon games.  

The OG from Duke looks good.  Can he play Center because we've got two starting OGs on the roster?

I'm not real high on Tui at Edge.  He's a good football player but I'm not sure how well his skillset is going to translate against NFL OTs.   I need to see him in the CFB playoffs against good OTs and then how he measures up at the combine.   If there is a Von Miller in this draft it's Chop Robinson fast, agile, and bendy.   Jared Verse just looks and plays like an NFL DE.        

I totally agree with you about Sanders. I don't want him as a first round pick at all.

I havent seen much of Penix myself, but I have a friend who says he is the best QB in the draft. I'd have to see it for myself to make a judgement. My friend could be wrong. He knows football and has watched a lot of it, but I dont take any of it on faith of course.

I worry about Williams too. In fact I dunno if any of them are sure fire winners. Athleticism is fine, but I want to see Bagent like production from a first round pick. I wanna see fast reads and throws with anticipation, and instead I see a lot of college superstars who look like Justin Fields.

Now to be sure, college is a different game, and some of these QBs will mature into the NFL and become greats. I just dont know how the hell to guess which ones unless I see evidence of it in college, and you almost never do. I get why this is hard for NFL GMs.

4 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I totally agree with you about Sanders. I don't want him as a first round pick at all.

I havent seen much of Penix myself, but I have a friend who says he is the best QB in the draft. I'd have to see it for myself to make a judgement. My friend could be wrong. He knows football and has watched a lot of it, but I dont take any of it on faith of course.

I worry about Williams too. In fact I dunno if any of them are sure fire winners. Athleticism is fine, but I want to see Bagent like production from a first round pick. I wanna see fast reads and throws with anticipation, and instead I see a lot of college superstars who look like Justin Fields.

Now to be sure, college is a different game, and some of these QBs will mature into the NFL and become greats. I just dont know how the hell to guess which ones unless I see evidence of it in college, and you almost never do. I get why this is hard for NFL GMs.

As much as we watch games and have opinions, front offices dive in 10 times deeper and still get it wrong 90% of the time. We have 2 question marks at QB that has some game so I dont think they take a QB unless they view as a sure thing. Not sure the top two fall in that category but I think they draft one but not at the top of the draft. Someone like a Bagent can sit on the practice squad and learn. Maye seems to be the pocket passer in this group with a strong arm and good size, maybe him? What I would like for them to get MH Jr no matter who else they take, pair him with DJ and you have one of the top WR group in the league which has to help whoever plays QB. 

Gotta wade into this draft stuff...

Strategy is to figure out how we win with Justin Fields or Tyson Bagent, which means I'm not drafting a QB.   Justin has proven when he has time to throw he can take apart a defense in the intermediate and deep range and if that fails he can make you pay by running.   All that takes time to pull the defense apart so you must have good Oline play.   Therefore I'm drafting the best LT prospect right out of the gate. 

2). Fashanu is still young and learning but his potential is top shelf.    Braxton can stay as our swing OT or I'm not opposed to trading him even on draft day as I think that'd get us a 2nd Rd pick.   I can't add that pick to the sim.  

3) Trade to 8th pick up 39 and 2025 4th

8). Brock Bowers.  It'd be Harrison or Bowers early but Harrison is gone so let's add the big brute.  He a plus player who can help both the run/pass blocking and can stretch the field for Fields.  

39). DT Leonard Taylor.   Another misfit player from Florida's Dline like Dexter but this kid has 3-tech written all over him with cat-like quickness to go along with good strength.  Stats are way down this year because he's not a 2-gap player so here his at 39.  

68). Ja'Lynn Polk... all the traits needed as a WR.  

Calen Bullock...Safety.   Dude is skinny but tough and plays physical beyond his size.  His highlights have two goal line 1v1 tackles where he stuffs a much bigger player.   You can't teach that.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KFZmqvnFE

Drake Nugent .... starting OC.  

Thomas Harper.... because I don't trust Brisker to stay healthy and Eddie Jackson is gone.  He's more backup than starter.  

image.png