What are the top 5 team needs?

jason

What are the top 5 offensive team needs?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your top 5

They for sure need a bigger WR1/2 target, so I chose WR. Claypool was supposed to fill that roll and Mooney has trouble catching while contested. 

Center is almost as important and generally are found in Rd 2 or 3. 

A stronger LT that can hold up against the bull rush is something they can consider since they could have the choice of the top two in this class. 

After next week, QB could be the talking point once again if JF and the Bears play lousy. 

Going off shear need, meaning biggest upgrade of one roster spot from the current player(s), my order would be:

1. Center - I know this won't be the first one addressed in the draft or FA, but adding a league average player to this position would be the biggest upgrade on the roster IMO. The Center touches the ball every play, is responsible for getting the ball to the QB on time, helping with protections, identifying the Mike, etc. A great Center helps the entire line and QB. A bad one makes everyone worse.

2. WR2 - Mooney has been serviceable at best, but highly replaceable. This to me would be the 2nd biggest upgrade felt on the offense, especially considering this will more than likely be a high draft pick. We have been craving a true WR1 for awhile and were blessed with DJ Moore. Now to truly compliment him with a Robin would also make Moore better. Passing volume would have to increase to fully utilize this guy.

3. RG - I have not been high on Davis, maybe he can shake off a bad year, but only looks slightly better than Patrick or Whitehair out there. I am surprised they haven't went to Carter. If there is a way out of his contract, I would move on from Davis, he has been that bad for me. 

4. TE2 - Just based on usage, I have this below RG because RG plays every down. The Bears need a U-TE to compliment Kmet. That is missing right now, or is in need of an upgrade on par with WR2, however, WR2 sees more snaps than TE2, so I put WR2 first. Like I said with WR2, passing volume would need to go up to make use of this guy and get him targets. Otherwise, you are just taking them away from Moore or Kmet which may just be a wash.

5. 3rd Down Back/Scat Back or Real Slot WR - On 3rd Down, it only seems like the RB is there to be an extra blocker, but if you had a pass catching RB who could line up in the backfield, then go out wide (Cohen), that creates hell for defenses. In the same breath, having a real Slot WR who has short area quickness to go with Moore and Odunze would be wild. You can mix and match with Kmet or a U. The amount of combinations would be epic. 

10 hours ago, adam said:

Going off shear need, meaning biggest upgrade of one roster spot from the current player(s), my order would be:

1. Center - I know this won't be the first one addressed in the draft or FA, but adding a league average player to this position would be the biggest upgrade on the roster IMO. The Center touches the ball every play, is responsible for getting the ball to the QB on time, helping with protections, identifying the Mike, etc. A great Center helps the entire line and QB. A bad one makes everyone worse.

2. WR2 - Mooney has been serviceable at best, but highly replaceable. This to me would be the 2nd biggest upgrade felt on the offense, especially considering this will more than likely be a high draft pick. We have been craving a true WR1 for awhile and were blessed with DJ Moore. Now to truly compliment him with a Robin would also make Moore better. Passing volume would have to increase to fully utilize this guy.

3. RG - I have not been high on Davis, maybe he can shake off a bad year, but only looks slightly better than Patrick or Whitehair out there. I am surprised they haven't went to Carter. If there is a way out of his contract, I would move on from Davis, he has been that bad for me. 

4. TE2 - Just based on usage, I have this below RG because RG plays every down. The Bears need a U-TE to compliment Kmet. That is missing right now, or is in need of an upgrade on par with WR2, however, WR2 sees more snaps than TE2, so I put WR2 first. Like I said with WR2, passing volume would need to go up to make use of this guy and get him targets. Otherwise, you are just taking them away from Moore or Kmet which may just be a wash.

5. 3rd Down Back/Scat Back or Real Slot WR - On 3rd Down, it only seems like the RB is there to be an extra blocker, but if you had a pass catching RB who could line up in the backfield, then go out wide (Cohen), that creates hell for defenses. In the same breath, having a real Slot WR who has short area quickness to go with Moore and Odunze would be wild. You can mix and match with Kmet or a U. The amount of combinations would be epic. 

Davis had a bad year but you have to cut him some slack. His mom lived with him and was dying, then passed. It screwed up his preparation for the season and contributed to injuries along the way. His history is above average play with an attitude. His 2nd year is fully guaranteed. He's not going anywhere.