I just wrote a letter to Kevin Warren...

madlithuanian

I hope that you telling him you live outside Los Angeles doesnt do anything to your season ticket claim?

But other than that, I gotta say, great letter.

My favorite line was "I expect the Bears to be the best team in the NFL, not just kind of good enough every
10 years."

And you left it as its own paragraph. Awesome.

You said it all just right.

2 hours ago, madlithuanian said:

A great letter, you should write books or something for a living. The problem is this is not going to be Warren's call. Poles will discuss  it with him but personnel is Poles job. Warren is a lawyer who did only financials for teams. Poles is actually teaching him the ropes where one  day he will take over. He just doesn't have the experience yet but give him a few years  you will hear from him a lot more.

New owners buy teams and try to run everything and just screw things up. They just don't have experience in day to day operations. Warren and Poles are buddies and will learn together. Poles was running the personnel dept in KC and that's how he was hired, experience in roster development. Probably one day when Warren fires Poles is the day he takes control.

I've read that Warren is active in football operations. I'm sure he's not in the nitty gritty day to day stuff, but things like coaches and Justin I think he's going to weigh in on. I don't know if he will insist on his preference but I dont know that he won't either.

I don't see how anyone can say what Warren will or won't do.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

A great letter, you should write books or something for a living. The problem is this is not going to be Warren's call. Poles will discuss  it with him but personnel is Poles job. Warren is a lawyer who did only financials for teams. Poles is actually teaching him the ropes where one  day he will take over. He just doesn't have the experience yet but give him a few years  you will hear from him a lot more.

New owners buy teams and try to run everything and just screw things up. They just don't have experience in day to day operations. Warren and Poles are buddies and will learn together. Poles was running the personnel dept in KC and that's how he was hired, experience in roster development. Probably one day when Warren fires Poles is the day he takes control.

I just wanted to let him know that there are people who are unhappy with the direction.  I thought of writing Poles as well.  But, I'm not sure my letter would matter to him.  I figured I'd go above him.  :P

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

...and thank you for the kind words!

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I hope that you telling him you live outside Los Angeles doesnt do anything to your season ticket claim?

But other than that, I gotta say, great letter.

My favorite line was "I expect the Bears to be the best team in the NFL, not just kind of good enough every
10 years."

And you left it as its own paragraph. Awesome.

You said it all just right.

I'm just being transparent.  He can look up my address based on my season ticket info.  Thanks!

29 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

I'm just being transparent.  He can look up my address based on my season ticket info.  Thanks!

yeah thats how it played, like here I am, being honest, Eberflus sucks. It definitely gives the letter credibility.