F%$#Ck The NFL

Lucky Luciano

i have seen this day coming for a long, long time. the freaking NFL wants you to pay to watch it's product. through DTV, ESPN, NFL Channel, Amazon Prime and NOW they are charging you (if you want to watch it) to see the playoffs on PEACOCK TV. i guess they don't make enough money or have enough government taxpayer funded subsidiaries or tax breaks. now they they want to bleed the general public to squeeze the last dime out of your pocket.

MLB did it (i stopped watching that mess in the 90's) and the normal non-subscribed to premium television viewers can't even watch the playoffs. then college football did it (i stopped watching that also) by putting your LOCAL team on the BIG 10 Network (another premium subscribe and pay to watch cable crap network) and making most of the bowl games a pay by cable subscription. NOW they are doing it with the NFL.

well I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

i wrote a letter of complaint to the NFL to where i THINK it will go to those greedy B@$tards as follows. if you care you should also and write to them and your congressman.

The Monday Night Football on ESPN, followed by the NFL Thursday Night Football on the NFL Channel, Amazon Prime Football, and now the freaking PLAYOFFS on a subscription to Peacock Channel?????

Just how greedy are you people? The playoffs should NEVER be in a pay subscription format (for that matter ANY local NFL games, normally on your over the air local tv stations, should NEVER be either!).

I can tell you without ANY reservations that if this continues I will never watch NFL games again and find something else to waste my time and MONEY on Sunday, Monday and Thursday's. You can ALSO forget any royalties from NFL merchandise I will stop buying.

I am also curious as to what TAX  breaks and incentives the NFL enjoys at the TAX PAYERS expense? Maybe that needs to change right?

Get a freaking grip people.

Claimed Loss:

The ability to watch the NFL on my local, over the air, tv stations.

Desired Outcome:

STOP trying to rob your fans or LOSE them. Go back to how it should be where ALL games are free to the general public!!!

Complaint Registration Form
Quick guide to writing an effective complaint
National Football League [NFL]

https://www.complaintsboard.com/new_complain

i tried to find a place to email GOD-HELL but with no luck. also ever notice there is no place to complain or voice your concerns on the NFL's own website? hmmmm, i wonder why?

so F%$#Ck GOD-HELL and F%$#Ck The NFL!!!!!!!!

Yeah, my father-in-law is a Bills fan and I signed up for Peacock so he could see the Bills game a few weeks back. It was blacked out in his area and that was the only way he could see it. Then I had to walk him thru installing the App on an Amazon Fire over the phone (that was fun). 

But yeah, between needing Amazon Prime, YouTubeTv, and now Peacock is getting out of hand. The playoffs should be available to everyone without needing any special subscriptions. 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah, my father-in-law is a Bills fan and I signed up for Peacock so he could see the Bills game a few weeks back. It was blacked out in his area and that was the only way he could see it. Then I had to walk him thru installing the App on an Amazon Fire over the phone (that was fun). 

But yeah, between needing Amazon Prime, YouTubeTv, and now Peacock is getting out of hand. The playoffs should be available to everyone without needing any special subscriptions. 

that is plain disgusting. it's time the fans start their own union and chop the profits out of these greedy b-stards bank accounts.

i am being totally serious, if this continues as pay-per-view nonsense out of the NFL i will just stop watching it and buying any of their products. i did it for MLB and college football (and i was an avid fan of both) and i can surely do it for the NFL.

WRITE YOUR STATE AND FEDERAL CONGRESSMAN

Taxpayers are paying billions for the renovations and construction of NFL stadiums.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/22/taxpayers-are-paying-billions-for-nfl-stadiums-heres-how.html

The reason cities end up paying for stadiums begins with the issuance of tax-exempt bonds from state and local governments that the federal government has signed off on for decades.

Top 10 biggest federal subsidies for pro stadiums

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/top-10-biggest-federal-subsidies-for-pro-stadiums-hint-the-yankees-are-1/

In 1986, Congress tried to fix the problem and reduce or eliminate federal subsidies for stadiums. But the convoluted law, which you can read more about here, backfired, and Congress ended up unintentionally encouraging the practice.

The process works like this: When a stadium is being built, a city can sell municipal bonds to help pay for its construction, like cities often do with public works projects. But if those bonds are issued as tax-exempt bonds (meaning that the interest payments to the bond holders are not counted as taxable income), the federal government loses a large chunk of revenue that it would have collected had the interest payments been taxable. And because this is lost federal revenue, the cost is footed by all taxpayers. On top of that, wealthy citizens who hold the bonds receive an implicit tax benefit due to their relatively high marginal tax rates, costing the federal government even more revenue.

1 hour ago, Lucky Luciano said:

WRITE YOUR STATE AND FEDERAL CONGRESSMAN

Taxpayers are paying billions for the renovations and construction of NFL stadiums.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/22/taxpayers-are-paying-billions-for-nfl-stadiums-heres-how.html

The reason cities end up paying for stadiums begins with the issuance of tax-exempt bonds from state and local governments that the federal government has signed off on for decades.

Top 10 biggest federal subsidies for pro stadiums

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/top-10-biggest-federal-subsidies-for-pro-stadiums-hint-the-yankees-are-1/

In 1986, Congress tried to fix the problem and reduce or eliminate federal subsidies for stadiums. But the convoluted law, which you can read more about here, backfired, and Congress ended up unintentionally encouraging the practice.

The process works like this: When a stadium is being built, a city can sell municipal bonds to help pay for its construction, like cities often do with public works projects. But if those bonds are issued as tax-exempt bonds (meaning that the interest payments to the bond holders are not counted as taxable income), the federal government loses a large chunk of revenue that it would have collected had the interest payments been taxable. And because this is lost federal revenue, the cost is footed by all taxpayers. On top of that, wealthy citizens who hold the bonds receive an implicit tax benefit due to their relatively high marginal tax rates, costing the federal government even more revenue.

So I should grab some of these bonds to "support the team"? LOL

The NFL is going too far. In the future there should be one fee to pay, that doesnt require buying YouTubeTV as well or whatever, that allows you to watch any NFL game from preseason thru the end of the regular season. And then all playoff games should be available to anyone who wants to watch them, but with commercials.

And if they are decent at all, a lower fee to only watch all the games of one team.

This is getting ridiculous.

47 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

The NFL is going too far. In the future there should be one fee to pay, that doesnt require buying YouTubeTV as well or whatever, that allows you to watch any NFL game from preseason thru the end of the regular season. And then all playoff games should be available to anyone who wants to watch them, but with commercials.

And if they are decent at all, a lower fee to only watch all the games of one team.

This is getting ridiculous.

you should be able to watch local teams FREE the same as it has been for over 60+ years. playoffs? FREE. superbowl? FREE.

when is enough money enough for these greedy robber barons?

11 minutes ago, Lucky Luciano said:

you should be able to watch local teams FREE the same as it has been for over 60+ years. playoffs? FREE. superbowl? FREE.

They will take until they lose, unfortunately.  I don't watch prime games for that reason.

16 minutes ago, Lucky Luciano said:

oh for sure, I was speaking of out of towners like me, I should have added that to the list. Free local broadcast with streaming option requiring no cable or antenna with commercials for preseason and regular season games.

I do think it's reasonable to pay a fee to stream Bears preseason and regular games out of Bears media market tho. I will pay that, but why do I have to buy YouTubeTV as well, when I never watch it? And can I buy just the Bears for a lesser price please?

And I also meant that there should be a free streaming option for everyone for the playoffs where you dont even need cable or an antenna. From any location. And there will be commercials.

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

oh for sure, I was speaking of out of towners like me, I should have added that to the list. Free local broadcast with streaming option requiring no cable or antenna with commercials for regular season games.

And I also meant that there should be a streaming option for the playoffs where you dont even need cable or an antenna. From any location. And there will be commercials.

agreed. you are spot on.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

I do think it's reasonable to pay a fee to stream Bears preseason and regular games out of Bears media market tho. I will pay that, but why do I have to buy YouTubeTV as well, when I never watch it? And can I buy just the Bears for a lesser price please?

I think the NFL screwed itself by not allowing someone to say least stream their favorite team for a price.  I live in the Colts market, so if they are home, I don't get to see the Bears on another channel.  Now, they are screwing Bears and Bengals fans by showing other games because they know those were the local teams before the Colts got here.  I would gladly pay to stream Bears games, but not with a monthly subscription to youtube with Sunday ticket as an add on.  It's bullshit.  I just drive down to a local sports bar and let them pay for it...

11 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I think the NFL screwed itself by not allowing someone to say least stream their favorite team for a price.  I live in the Colts market, so if they are home, I don't get to see the Bears on another channel.  Now, they are screwing Bears and Bengals fans by showing other games because they know those were the local teams before the Colts got here.  I would gladly pay to stream Bears games, but not with a monthly subscription to youtube with Sunday ticket as an add on.  It's bullshit.  I just drive down to a local sports bar and let them pay for it...

it *IS* BS, and I buy both NFL Sunday Ticket and YouTubeTV to see the Bears. It's crazy. I never watch YouTubeTV other than that. Whatever the NFL is getting licensing it, they could get the same at lower rates to us by cutting out middlemen, and if they do the per team option at a much diminished price, they might still be making more than what YouTube gave the NFL for the rights. All of YouTubes profit on top of that is what we are paying for. Yuck!

The era of buying a whole service for a single show cant be sustainable. Even the idea of services is probably gone in 20 years. Channels, Networks - they will all just be production houses and capital for production, and if the show can make itself, then theyll will stream to us direct. Same with films and why not sports too.

OK I read it wrong at first.

My NBC station is running a crawl that basically says "Broadcast notification, our corporate office has made the decision to only broadcast this game on Peacock"

So they are saying "dont be mad at us, we know this is crap" yikes

I blame Taylor Swift. LOL

4 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

They blinked. My NBC affiliate is going to broadcast the game.

IMAGINE how mad the people that paid for Peacock are going to be. Wow.

I hope it was because people were not subscribing.  It kills me watching people jump in a pot and enjoying the warm water not knowing they keep raising the temperature to a boil. 

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I hope it was because people were not subscribing.  It kills me watching people jump in a pot and enjoying the warm water not knowing they keep raising the temperature to a boil. 

I had misread it - it was written poorly and I am also stupid sometimes :)

They didnt air it, they were explaining it wasnt their fault - really weird to read.

But they were definitely throwing the mothership under the bus like "we're just an affiliate, dont blame us please! we hate it more than you do"