Which group of players is a must to draft?

adam

9 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

From the so-called "QB whisperer" I say we need to draft either Daniels, Nix or McCarthy (in that order as available).

Why? 

Daniels played in the SEC and won the Heisman THIS YEAR.

Nix also played in the SEC before going to the Pac12....oddly enough his two years in the PAC 12 (against many of the same opponents) were very similar to the two years Williams spent there:

• Nix stats while at Oregon:      658 / 879  for 8101 yards (74.9%)  9.2 Y/A  74 TDs 10 INTs  177.8 Rate
  • Williams stats while at USC:   599 / 888 for 8170 yards (67.5%)  9.2 Y/A  72 TDs 10 INTs  169.2 rate

McCarthy played and won in the NCAA playoffs.

Daniels would need to gain like 30 lbs of muscle. He takes hits like Tua. Almost every hit is massive, and it only takes one. The skill is there, he checks the box in most other categories, but the one concern is he was passing to 2x 1st round WRs, which makes things a lot easier. 

I like Nix, from all the games I have watched, I actually think Nix is QB2. If Williams comes in too short (under 6'1"), then I would actually go with Nix.

Listen to a ESPN podcast with Brandon Thorn, an OL guru was talking about centers and rated 3 as first game starters. jPJ, Zack Frazier, and Greg Barton. 

I don't think we are in the position to draft JPJ but Zack Frazier is a 4 time state heavyweight wrestling champion. A lot of the best OL players over the years were former wrestlers. The skills that brings are excellent for the trenches. 

Frazier should go second to third round range, that's doable for us.

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Listen to a ESPN podcast with Brandon Thorn, an OL guru was talking about centers and rated 3 as first game starters. jPJ, Zack Frazier, and Greg Barton. 

I don't think we are in the position to draft JPJ but Zack Frazier is a 4 time state heavyweight wrestling champion. A lot of the best OL players over the years were former wrestlers. The skills that brings are excellent for the trenches. 

Frazier should go second to third round range, that's doable for us.

The Bears need to get a 2nd round pick. If JPJ does go in the first, it feels like the other 2 would be gone before the Bears pick in the 3rd.

44 minutes ago, adam said:

The Bears need to get a 2nd round pick. If JPJ does go in the first, it feels like the other 2 would be gone before the Bears pick in the 3rd.

I agree with that. How he manages trades come into play whether first pick or trading Justin. I think the high picks all go into offense this year. He's added a lot of money and picks on the D side. I think this draft concentrates on more balance with spending.

57 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

For me, I have an adoration of Sweat. Dude just folds players like accordions. Today he measured :

DT T'Vondre Sweat Height: 6-4 4/8 Weight: 366 Arm: 33.25 Hand: 10.12 Wingspan: 81.25

Getting him will improve any 3T and eat doubles 

offenses would be sweating our sweaty duo.