A new approach (Hims only)

killakrzydav

without addressing whether Poles keeps Justin or drafts a QB with a top pick, I think this approach is closer to what Poles should be doing.

Having more players is not as preferable as having great players. We've been stuck with a limited roster for SO long that we are used to the idea of quantity over quality, but of course those players never achieve greatness and then youre stuck repeating yourself forever.

When you take players, in free agency, trade and the draft who will be great, then your roster starts to fill. As that happens, you have fewer and fewer holes and then you're almost in trade UP territory. Of course players age out and you lose them to other teams as they want big paydays, so you never quite get to trading up, but the next equivalent is trading players away when they have one year left before their big deals. That keeps the draft pump primed, and allows you to continue the cycle of drafting talent rather than need in the top few rounds.

So I agree with this way of thinking, even though I want a top rookie QB this year too.

3 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

PFN_Draft_result_1709054825974.png

Dayum!  JPJ and Fuaga are animals.  Haynes is the only overkill, since Fuaga will be a guard.(but the depth is amazing)  Wright, Fuaga, JPJ and Jenkins on the same line would be nasty.  Of course you know I love Bowers and Odunze.

9 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

PFN_Draft_result_1709054825974.png

I’m not a fan of using a 1st on Bowers while the Bears have Kmet, but even I would be OK with how this plays out. Offense with the first four picks is the exact strategy the Bears should have in order to maximize Fields and focus on offense.