Bears sign D'Andre Swift (3yr 24M - 15M guaranteed)

DABEARSDABOMB

I still think Roschon has a good chance to be the starter by the end of the season. But having both, in whichever order, is gonna be great.

Herbert on the trading block?

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

I still think Roschon has a good chance to be the starter by the end of the season. But having both, in whichever order, is gonna be great.

Herbert on the trading block?

Last year, I chose Roschon as my sleeper to shine in 2023. I obviously was over-optimistic. However, I still think he is going to be an outstanding RB in the NFL and will eventually take over as a starter for the Bears.

I like Herbert, but there is very little trade value there. It's great to have him and Roschon backing up Swift. The three together give us a very good RB combo, one that might rank in the top 5 before the season's end.

44 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Last year, I chose Roschon as my sleeper to shine in 2023. I obviously was over-optimistic. However, I still think he is going to be an outstanding RB in the NFL and will eventually take over as a starter for the Bears.

I like Herbert, but there is very little trade value there. It's great to have him and Roschon backing up Swift. The three together give us a very good RB combo, one that might rank in the top 5 before the season's end.

I'm with you. I didn't understand why Foreman wasn't the #1 last year, and I have Johnson ahead of Herbert too. That means Herbert probably has little trade value.

I also think depending on how our O line shakes out, that we could be a good running team this year. Johnson and Swift pack a good 1-2 combination, and if you say top 5, I don't necessarily argue with that. But because we agree that Herbert has little trade value, I suppose that means our RB room ranking would be what it is with or without Herbert.

And Herbert doesnt suck. He is serviceable, and probably one of the best #3s in the league. Because he is probably a #2 somewhere? And maybe that means he is worth something in trade.

Maybe we add Herbert to a couple next years' seconds to go from 9 to 5 to grab a falling Marvin Harrison Jr in a 4 QBs picked first draft scenario?

A lot hinges on what New England and Arizona do at #3 and #4. I Daniels falls to 4, or someone believes in McCarthy at 4, Arizona might trade out, and Harrison is there at 5.

Take away JF team leading 657 rushing yds and the Bears are mediocre, around 1800 yds, ranking 17th.  To say we are a great rushing team is unknown.  Swift will help but it will need to be discovered if the Bears can get off the bus running or not. 

55 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Take away JF team leading 657 rushing yds and the Bears are mediocre, around 1800 yds, ranking 17th.  To say we are a great rushing team is unknown.  Swift will help but it will need to be discovered if the Bears can get off the bus running or not. 

If you are deducting Fields total, then you have to also deduct Foreman's and add Swift's. Swift had (1,029) and Foreman had (425), which is +604, which would put them right back into 2nd place. You are also not accounting for any potential rushing yards from Williams. 

So in reality, the rushing game should be at least as effective as last year.

6 hours ago, adam said:

Also, Swift putting in the work with Roschon. There are a couple of vids there. Roschon looking quicker. Swift is smooth.

Ro need to lighten up a bit and get some more flexibility in those hips.   He needs these type of drills.  

41 minutes ago, adam said:

If you are deducting Fields total, then you have to also deduct Foreman's and add Swift's. Swift had (1,029) and Foreman had (425), which is +604, which would put them right back into 2nd place. You are also not accounting for any potential rushing yards from Williams. 

So in reality, the rushing game should be at least as effective as last year.

It should be close, but I do not see Williams or hope not to see him running as much as Fields.  Swift= Herbert plus Foreman for carries (230). Swift was a true #1 back getting over 70% of the touches. It will be interesting to see how Waldron plays these RBs. In Seattle, he had 100 less rushes but Walker and Charbonette had over 100 a piece.  Waldron will need to run more than he did in Seattle.