Chicago Bears' new stadium plan

Lucky Luciano

I thought it was interesting the Bears released this on the same day as NFL free agency opened.  Seems like a way to hide this in a news release - which I wonder why. Bears are literally offering to help fund (along with private money) a new stadium on the lakefront.  Would seem like good PR so why have it come out same time as NFL FA.  

5 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Is this for real or is Warren sending a message to Arlington Heights that they had better renegotiate the tax assessment evaluation?

This seems for real. It seems like the Bears want to stay in Chicago and there is a willingness to do so. Maybe Arlington Heights was always just that - leverage.  Personally I love the idea of them staying in Chicago.  But I didn't care if they moved to Arlington Heights either - but staying in downtown is cooler in my opinion.  

1 minute ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

This seems for real. It seems like the Bears want to stay in Chicago and there is a willingness to do so. Maybe Arlington Heights was always just that - leverage.  Personally I love the idea of them staying in Chicago.  But I didn't care if they moved to Arlington Heights either - but staying in downtown is cooler in my opinion.  

That is a very expensive message!

I hope the real estate market is better in Arlington Heights than Rockford. LOL

It's just a negotiation tool to push negotiations with Cook County to give a fair tax evaluation. Stories keep saying school districts. School district doesn't set any tax base,  its all done with county government. Cook County is pissed because Bears want to leave Chicago. 

A race track that was  open has a tax evaluation of 34 mil. The Bears tear everything down to raw land and the County redoes the tax evaluation at 161 mil . All bears want is a fair assessment of the property while its under construction. It  will be reevaluated once the stadium is built.

The problem is the Chicago property needs tax payer money to build it. The city is spending money on illegals they house in the city. A sanctuary city. The city just put out its biggest deficit ever. They don't have any money.  

1 hour ago, killakrzydav said:

I rather it be in Chicago.tbh

I'm bias it's closer to Rockford than Downtown Chicago. So I'm all in on Arlington heights. Anytime  the Chicago gov't is involved, they screw everything up.