Blue Chips According to Polian...

Mongo3451

On looking at our current roster, who are the blue chip players?  Here's my list....

Wright, Jenkins, Kmet, Moore, Allen, Williams, Sweat, Dexter, Stevenson, Johnson, Gordon and Brisker.  I'm counting twelve.  Polian says 14.  We are getting close.  If we hit at nine, it's 13 possibly.  Maybe 14 will develop under the radar.  IMO, 13 is a shock.  Very cool future for our team...

Edited by Mongo3451
Some idiot didn't proof read...

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

On looking at our current roster, who are the blue chip players?  Here's my list....

Wright, Jenkins, Kmet, Moore, Allen, Williams, Sweat, Dexter, Stevenson, Johnson, Gordon an traderd Brisker.  I'm counting twelve.  Poles says 14.  We are getting close.  If we hit at nine, it's 13.  Maybe 14 will develop under the radar.  IMO, 13 is a shock.  Very cool future for our team...

for sure.

I dunno if Dexter and Stevenson are blue chippers yet, but they are on the way if they arent already.

8 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Wright, Jenkins, Kmet, Moore, Allen, Williams, Sweat, Dexter, Stevenson, Johnson, Gordon an traderd Brisker.  I'm counting twelve.  Poles says 14.  We are getting close.  If we hit at nine, it's 13.  Maybe 14 will develop under the radar.  IMO, 13 is a shock.  Very cool future for our team...

I think they are all expected to be blue chip but some aren't there yet. This year will answer many questions. 

If Byard plays close to his all pro years, he definitely belongs on that list.

Maybe he thinks Billings is above a red ? If Braxton keeps improving, maybe?

With some short term contracts, every year could have a different number. Now there's established core players and some that will grow into that spot. 

5 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Thank you.  Edmonds...💪

As you list Edmunds, Edwards plays like a blue chip player. Every year he is top 10 in the league in Tackles.  This year he was 7 th just 3 behind all pro Roquan Smith.

Blue Chip: Wright, Jenkins (when healthy), Kmet, Moore, Allen, Williams, and Swift (right as cusp) on offense, then Sweat, Edmunds, Edwards (under-rated), Johnson, Brisker, and Byard (not at peak) on defense. So I would say 11-13 if you want to exclude Swift or Byard.

Ascending: Dexter, Stevenson, Gordon, #9 pick, and Roschon

Also have to consider Santos a blue chip kicker. 

On 4/8/2024 at 9:15 AM, adam said:

Blue Chip: Wright, Jenkins (when healthy), Kmet, Moore, Allen, Williams, and Swift (right as cusp) on offense, then Sweat, Edmunds, Edwards (under-rated), Johnson, Brisker, and Byard (not at peak) on defense. So I would say 11-13 if you want to exclude Swift or Byard.

Ascending: Dexter, Stevenson, Gordon, #9 pick, and Roschon

Also have to consider Santos a blue chip kicker. 

That's a good start. And ascending is realistic. 

Now who is the blue chip players in the draft? Obviously that is subjective but, here is my list. ( not in any order) not with potential but almost guaranteed.

Caleb Williams/QB

Bowers/TE

MHJ/WR

Nabers/WR

Odunze/WR

Alt /OT

Fashanu/OT

T Arnold/CB

Fuaga/OL

JPJ/OC

That's my list.

3 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

I drop the top three DEs into your list and that’s my blue chip draft for this year

As much as I think they're  3 good DEs, im not sure I consider them guaranteed to be among the elites. For me the distinction is Anderson-Parsons to Josh Allen- Brian Burns, it took several years to become elite.