Trade Talks

BearFan PHX

So apparently the Bengals are calling asking about Khalil Herbert in trade. They need a RB, having just lost Dixon.

At the same time, Trey Hendrickson, their best edge rusher has asked for a trade. He had 17.5 sacks last year and has two years remaining on his deal.

Hmmmm.

13 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

So apparently the Bengals are calling asking about Khalil Herbert in trade. They need a RB, having just lost Dixon.

At the same time, Trey Hendrickson, their best edge rusher has asked for a trade. He had 17.5 sacks last year and has two years remaining on his deal.

Hmmmm.

Those both popped up around the same time too. I would be down with it as they are more than likely not extending Herbert with Roschon having 3 more years left and Swift just signing a multi-year deal.

Since Hendrickson is way more valuable, who will also be 30 this year, I would say a pick swap like Herbert+4th for Hendricks+6th would be fair.

If they did that, I would go grab someone like Josh Kelley or Marlon Mack as RB3. 

16 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Hmmmm.

Hell Yes, I'd even sweeten the pot if necessary. He'd be awesome added to Sweat on our DL.

Just now, adam said:

Those both popped up around the same time too. I would be down with it as they are more than likely not extending Herbert with Roschon having 3 more years left and Swift just signing a multi-year deal.

Since Hendrickson is way more valuable, who will also be 30 this year, I would say a pick swap like Herbert+4th for Hendricks+6th would be fair.

If they did that, I would go grab someone like Josh Kelley or Marlon Mack as RB3. 

Just now, Pixote said:

Hell Yes, I'd even sweeten the pot if necessary. He'd be awesome added to Sweat on our DL.

yeah youre both right - it will probably take more than just a straight swap. Last year we paid a 2nd alone for Sweat. Given Hendrickson's age, I'd say he is worth a 3rd. Herbert is probably worth a 4th, so the trade youre proposing adam, seems about right, and it's an easy yes.

If we get Hendrickson then this team is absolutely playoff bound, even with some rookie growing pains for the QB.

19 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Hmmmm.

I would laugh at that before but Poles is going for it this year. Troy makes 21 mil and wants a new contract. The money starts at 25+ mil a yr.  

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah youre both right - it will probably take more than just a straight swap. Last year we paid a 2nd alone for Sweat. Given Hendrickson's age, I'd say he is worth a 3rd. Herbert is probably worth a 4th, so the trade youre proposing adam, seems about right, and it's an easy yes.

If we get Hendrickson then this team is absolutely playoff bound, even with some rookie growing pains for the QB.

Playoff bound? SB contenders . You're not excited enough.

14 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Playoff bound? SB contenders . You're not excited enough.

We will have a roster of names that will be pretty much the same roster that does win a superbowl, but first we need to gel and learn what it takes to beat the really good teams.

It's not just a matter of having good players, to beat KC you've got to learn what it takes to win.

Ive cited the Jordan Bulls and needing to get past the Pistons, and the 84 Bears losing to the 49ers before they learned what it took to dominate.

Im not saying a SB is impossible, but it's not expected. It would be lucky.

Also, didnt you JUST accuse me of thinking that Caleb was perfect and without flaws? I think Ive just been realistic the whole time, but it goes at odds with positive and negative press pieces.

22 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

We will have a roster of names that will be pretty much the same roster that does win a superbowl, but first we need to gel and learn what it takes to beat the really good teams.

It's not just a matter of having good players, to beat KC you've got to learn what it takes to win.

Ive cited the Jordan Bulls and needing to get past the Pistons, and the 84 Bears losing to the 49ers before they learned what it took to dominate.

Im not saying a SB is impossible, but it's not expected. It would be lucky.

Im not expecting it but excited we are even talking about it. Im an optimist.

22 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Im not expecting it but excited we are even talking about it. Im an optimist.

I think it is definitely in our future.

It feels like Williams is wired differently. He doesn't give a crap about the Bears passing records, he is going for league passing records while carrying his team to the playoffs and winning often. 

I will say this, if the Bears make it to the playoffs, they are going to be a hard out.