I Heard Some Stuff...

Mongo3451

6 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

The Bears were all in Odunze, they even had odds at each pick for him to be at 9.  They were willing to trade up, losing a 1st or 2nd rounder for him.   They were all in on DE Booker too.  They were ready to trade a future 4th and 6th and got him for only the 4th. 

Heck, Warren was great to see some of.  I love that he led them all in prayer.  Also, when he talked to Poles about patience.  Great stuff

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Heck, Warren was great to see some of.  I love that he led them all in prayer.  Also, when he talked to Poles about patience.  Great stuff

it is very good to see - they are definitely building a real culture there - not just lip service.

8 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

The Bears were all in Odunze, they even had odds at each pick for him to be at 9.  They were willing to trade up, losing a 1st or 2nd rounder for him.   They were all in on DE Booker too.  They were ready to trade a future 4th and 6th and got him for only the 4th. 

The draft really fell almost perfect for the Bears. Top 2 players on their board, best punter in the last decade, Booker for only a future 4th but were looking to move up immediately after picking Taylor. So they clearly had a 4th round grade (or better on Booker).

I have read where people thought Booker would be a 1st or early 2nd rounder next year. If you are building a young team, and you believe in your position coaches, he is worth a mid 3rd easily even as youre maybe getting him a little early.

8 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I have read where people thought Booker would be a 1st or early 2nd rounder next year. If you are building a young team, and you believe in your position coaches, he is worth a mid 3rd easily even as youre maybe getting him a little early.

and if you figure that you get an extra year with him, that he should be even better in 2025 with 1 year under his belt than he would be coming out as a rookie in 2025, even with an extra year of college.