Biggest Impact Draft Pick for Bears in 2008

adam

Biggest Draft Impact  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Regardless of draft position, which player would have the biggest impact on the 2008 Chicago Bears?

• Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
    • Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    • Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
    • Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
    • Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State
    • Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
    • Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
    • James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio State
    • Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami
    • Keith Rivers, OLB, USC

I tried to include most of the top picks, even though most would be out of reach for the Bears with their current position.

Which player would be the biggest upgrade over the current player? McFadden over Benson? Ryan over Grossman? Dorsey over DT2 rotation? Long/Clady over Miller? Sweed over Berrian?

10 choices was the max, so there may be other players that are not listed.

Tough choice, went with Long, but would be thrilled with McFadden, Clady, or Phillips. Unfortunately, as you said, many of these will not be available to the Bears and I certainly do not see JA trading up, not his M.O., and this year we have too many needs even if he did want to trade up, it would be inadvisable.

either Long or Phillips would make the biggest impact... I didn't even include McFadden cause there's no way in hell we get him.

Limas Sweed is more of a possession receiver anyway, so he should be compared to Muhammad, not Berrian.

Matt Ryan... watch for Angelo to make a deal and trade up for a change - with Parcells who wants to trade down - and then Angelo will take Ryan.....

:chair

When's the last time the Bears have actually traded up in a draft? Especially within the first round? Heck, when's the last time that trading up in a draft in the first round actually seemed to work for a team?

I chose McFadden this Draft is full of OT that can be serviceable and they are saying Long is RT Pro prospect . I would actually trade down with Dallas and get their 2 picks see if we can pick a falling QB and RB (Woodson and Stewart or Felix Jones) 2nd Round Chris Williams OT in the 2nd beautiful if this scenario actually played out.

Matt Ryan... watch for Angelo to make a deal and trade up for a change - with Parcells who wants to trade down - and then Angelo will take Ryan.....

:chair

so, we trade our whole entire draft and plus some to the dolphins to select a QB who would not start right away, isn't even the most NFL ready QB, and isn't even worth the top pick?

I just did a search on the net for 2008 Mock Drafts. I think I viewed over a dozen. I would guess 9 of the 12 or more had us drafting QB Andre Woodson, 1 or 2 had QB Brohm, only 1 had a non QB and had us with Clady.

I am disappointed I could not find a good multi round mock that did not have us taking someone other than a QB round 1. I know QB is a great need and if JA finds one in RD 1 that he thinks is a must have - can't miss - prospect, well, maybe he pulls the trigger.

I am still hoping to pick up a workable vet in FA, draft a QB later in the draft, and go for OT or Safety in Rd 1.

either Long or Phillips would make the biggest impact... I didn't even include McFadden cause there's no way in hell we get him.

Limas Sweed is more of a possession receiver anyway, so he should be compared to Muhammad, not Berrian.

There's no way in hell we get Long either.

There's no way in hell we get Long either.

Odds are he won't be there, but if Otah and Clady have good combines they both could possibly jump ahead of him. The biggest worry about Long is he doesn't have much upside (but he has the highest floor of any lineman in the draft) and might be more of a RT.

Every year there is a player or two that drops down further than expected. If this happens this year let's hope it is a player in a need position for the Bears.

even if it is not, it could a need for some other team and they could offer us a nice package to jump up to our pick.

Yeah, I would love to move down into the 20's and add a 2nd rounder. That would be sweet.

sucks that the Falcons won. If they lost they'd be in good position for McFadden and then they could use their 2 second round picks and another pick to trade up to our spot and get one of the big 3 QB's... but now if they even want a shot at McFadden they'd have to trade up.